MOTU and Avid
MOTU's HDX-SDI and HD Express video interfaces are now compatible with Avid Media Composer, Symphony, and NewsCutter
Thanks to Avid's new Open I/O SDK, the HDX-SDI and HD Express are compatible with — and fully certified for — Media Composer® 6, Symphony® 6, and NewsCutter® 10.
The HDX-SDI and HD Express deliver uncompressed, full-raster 1080/720 HD or SD video to and from the computer, allowing you to capture and play HD/SD material using any video format supported by Media Composer and Avid Media Access®, such as XDCAM, DNxHD, and ProRes.
With the full rack-space HDX-SDI, ingest any uncompressed SDI, HDMI, or component HD source and then capture and edit in your Avid-supported codec of choice, while monitoring your Media Composer timeline on external SDI, HDMI and/or component monitors. The half-rack HD Express provides all the same video I/O features for those who don't need SDI. Both devices deliver unmatched multi-channel audio I/O features, including embedding and de-embedding, to cover a wide range of audio capture and playback workflows.
MOTU video interfaces are the ideal economical, all-in-one video capture and monitoring solutions for Media Composer 6 workflows.
Fully qualified for Media Composer
MOTU and Avid have worked closely together to deliver seamless setup and operation for the HDX-SDI and HD Express with Media Composer using the new Open I/O features in Version 6.
For a summary of supported features, read this Avid-supplied Hardware I/O Capabilities matrix.
- A MOTU video driver installer with Avid support is now available for download. This updated software installer provides compatibility with (and is required for) the Media Composer 6 family of products.
- For a summary of supported computer systems, refer to Avid's .
- The HDX-SDI and HD Express are compatible with Avid-certified systems. Also refer to Avid's
Feature highlights for Avid workflows
- Comprehensive HD/SD video capture and monitoring — provides HD and SD capture and playback in all standard SD and HD video formats up to and including 1080p30 (720p, 1080i, 1080p & 1080PsF) for any Avid-qualified PCI- or ExpressCard-equipped computer.
- Captures and plays uncompressed HD and SD — 10-bit 4:2:2 color depth and 1920x1080 resolution.
- Tower or laptop operation — connects to an Avid-qualified Mac or PC tower via PCI Express for ultra-fast workstation use, or connects to a laptop via ExpressCard connectivity for mobile operation.
- SDI capture and monitoring — the HDX-SDI provides uncompressed HD-SDI in and out.
- HDMI® and component capture and monitoring — both the HDX-SDI and HD Express provide HDMI in and out, as well as full-raster component HD/SD in and out.
- RS-422 device control — the HDX-SDI takes advantage of Media Composer's device control features via RS-422 9-pin device control for Digital Cut and Batch Capture operations.
- ASC CDL color grading — provides flexible, industry-standard color adjustment with separate settings for capture and playback.
- Comprehensive audio I/O • HDX-SDI — with the HDX-SDI, capture or monitor up to 16 channels of audio via any two 8-channel banks of TRS analog, AES/EBU digital or embedded (SDI or HDMI) at sample rates up to 96kHz.
- Comprehensive audio I/O • HD Express — With the HD Express, capture 8 channels of embedded HDMI audio. Play back stereo, 5.1 or even 7.1 surround sound directly to powered speakers. Connect speakers, a home theater amp or an audio mixer and monitor your mix in stereo or full 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Also provides S/PDIF digital I/O with sample rate conversion.
- Rack mountable form factor — professional rack-mount operation (full-rack for the HDX-SDI and half-rack for the HD Express), or remove the rack-mount brackets for convenient desktop use.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.