Avid® is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Media Composer v8.5.1.
This update will be made available from Master Avid Accounts, Application Manager, and the Avid Download Center (login and password required) on Thursday, March 10, 2016.
Included in this update are a number of bug fixes, including:
- Start of play was delayed when working with Avid Artist | DNxIO hardware.
- In some instances, you could hear audio pops in dissolves
- When playing back at full video quality in a 1080i/59.94 project, imported XDCAM media appeared zoomed in (Mac) Some files with English/Chinese mixed names appeared offline
- Go to Timecode in the Source monitor was not working properly
- The editing application crashed when Legacy Ancillary data was enabled when in MultiCam mode
- When “use background check-in from editors” was enabled in the Interplay Administrator, the editing application would crash after performing a check in
How to obtain the Media Composer 8.5.1:
The latest update to Media Composer will be available worldwide by Thursday, March 10, 2016.
Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer will be notified of the availability of the upgrade via the Application Manager. The Apps tab will also provide a link to download and install the update when desired.
New customers who purchase Media Composer will receive this 8.5.1 update in their Master Avid Account.
Customers on current Upgrade & Support plans can download the Media Composer 8.5.1 update either from their Master Avid Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.)
Customers not on a current Upgrade & Support contract must purchase either a new Media Composer Subscription
or Perpetual license
to receive this update.
- This version of Media Composer is supported with Interplay 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5. Please refer to the Interplay and Media Composer documentation for any limitations on feature functionality
- This release of Media Composer requires an active Upgrade & Support plan. Please ensure your customer's plans and licenses are both up to date before installing this update