This week's Videoguys Live webinar is all about Atomos! Atomos has expanded it's already very popular line of monitors and recorders with the Ninja V+. This new monitor comes packed with new features and support in higher resolutions of up to 4Kp120 or 8Kp30. In addition, the Ninja V saw an update with the added capability to record in H.265.
Check out the webinar, below:
Introducing the 8K Atomos Ninja V+:
The new Ninja V+ carries a ton of excellent features to step up your workflow. Check out some of these features, below.
- ProRes RAW recording over HDMI up to 4Kp120 with Z Cam E2 and E2-M4 (at time of shipping)
- ProRes RAW recording over HDMI up to 8Kp30 (integrations with cameras coming from mid-2021)
- H.265 Pre-Activated
- Access to ‘PLUS’ features in future AtomOS firmware updates (with future Atomos AtomX products)
- High quality new accessories included: high-quality neoprene product sleeve, EVA style hard case, battery eliminator, Master Caddy II Case, Worldwide AC/DC Power Adaptor & Quick Start Guide
- Supports 4Kp120 or 8Kp30 with the Canon R5 and more to come
Atomos Ninja V+ Pro Kit:
This Pro Kit is a great way to push your production to even greater heights with a ton of accessories for your Ninja V+. The Pro Kit includes:
- Ninja V+ with SDI RAW and H.265 Pre-Activated
- EVA Style Hard Case
- Neoprene Sleeve Case
- AtomX SDI Module
- 1x Battery Eliminator
- 1x International DC Power Supply
- 1x DTap Cable
- 1x AtomX 5” Sunhood
- 1x Master Caddy II Drive Caddy
- Supports 4Kp120
Atomos Ninja V+ Event:
Atomos recently created an excellent live event where they spoke with cinematographers shooting with the Ninja V+ on their cinema cameras like the SONY FX9, and the FX6, or ZCam.
Check out the event, below.
Ninja V+ Supports:
- Canon R5: The Ninja V+ pairs with the Canon R5 to give you a powerful and compact 8K camera package. This means future proof shooting for Ninja V+ users.
- ZCam: Users can shoot in 4Kp120 with ZCam and the Ninja V+
- Sony FX6 and FX9: Using the Ninja V+ Pro Kit with the SDI module, users can use the FX9 or the FX6 to shoot in 4Kp120.
Ninja V Update:
Atomos has also introduced an update to their very popular original Ninja V monitor and recorder. This 5-inch monitor comes in at $599 and can now record in H.265 with a $99 upgrade.
In addition, the Panasonic Lumix GH5S can record up to 4Kp60 DCI ProRes RAW when combined with the Ninja V. This firmware upgrade will be available on June 9th, 2021.
Check out this chart detailing the differences between the Ninja V+ and the Ninja V as well as their Respective Pro Kits.