Avid is pleased to announce the release of the latest version of Media Composer? [ Software. This latest update - ver 8.2 available October 20th - adds exciting new features that creative professionals can use to accelerate their everyday workflows while taking advantage of powerful new tools, including:
- Background Render: Render effects in the background while you continue to work and edit within Media Composer [ Software. Use the Background Queue window to confirm progress and manage jobs.
Favorite Bins: Have one or more bins always available no matter what project you?re in.
Project Information in Select Project Dialog: Selecting a project in the list displays the project type, color space, raster size, frames per second, stereoscopic profile and more - before opening the project.
Quick Filter in Project Window: Quickly filter bins in the Project Window based on specific text
Search for Markers: Search for Marker Names and Marker Comments in the Find window across all sequences and master clips within a project, in both open and closed bins.
- Image Cache for Thumbnails: Improved performance loading, scrolling or resizing large quantities of thumbnail images in bins and the Timeline. In addition, the Media Cache setting allows users to set the memory and disk cache size, as well as establish the location of the disk cache.
- Redundant Floating License Server Support: Configure an additional Floating License Server as a backup server in case of emergency. When the primary server goes down, the editor seamlessly uses a license from the backup server and continues working ? no risk of losing access to your licenses!
- Enhanced Feeds Management in Application Manager: View Feeds in chronological order and choose which feeds you?d like to receive.
- DMF Support for DPX Files: The AIS (Avid Image Sequencer) plugin now supports DMF workflows. Use profiles to automate the linking, consolidation, transcode and copy of DPX files in the background using DMF profiles.
How to obtain the Media Composer [ Software October 2014 Update
The latest update to Media Composer [ Software will be available world-wide on October 20th. Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer [ Software will be notified of the availability of the upgrade via the Application Manager. The Apps tab will also provide a link to download and install the update when desired.
New customers who purchase Media Composer [ Software or a Standard Avid Support/Upgrade for Media Composer, Symphony?, or NewsCutter?, will receive this update in their Master Avid Account.
Customers on current Support contracts can download the Media Composer [ Software update either from their Master Avid Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.)
Customers not on a current Support contract can purchase Standard Avid Support for $299 USD to receive the latest software update.
Why is this Alert Important to Our Customers?
The latest release of Media Composer [ Software allows users to maximize their efficiency and focus on creative tasks. Save time ? and money ? with Background Render, ensure uptime with redundant Floating License servers, find the assets you need fast with Quick Filters, Favorite Bins, and Marker search ? these features and more ensure users get the most out of their editing experience.
|Check out these items featured in this post and available to BUY NOW at Videoguys.com.
|Avid Media Composer [ Software Annual Support Plan Renewal $285.00
|Avid Media Composer [ Software Subscription License for 1 Year $599.00
|Avid Media Composer [ Software Perpetual License with 1 year Support $1,250.00