Streaming has become essential during social distancing. This goes for businesses, houses of worship, educational institutions, sports, and more. Webcams might not cut it. The need for something with a better sensor and quality may just be the perfect way to grow your audience.
The Panasonic AG-CX10 is a perfect solution for those looking to up their streaming quality while not breaking the bank.
"The new AG-CX10 4K Compact Handheld Camcorder is an ideal tool for live remote production. With a 25mm wide-angle lens, 24x optical zoom and precision Auto Focus, you can capture a variety of shot," Neil Matsumoto (author of original article).
This camera contains XLR inputs for audio interfaces, ND filters, an LED light, and built in wifi with separate ethernet connectivity. This is the perfect camera for those looking to run & gun, for those working on the field. When mobility is important, this is one of the best camcorders out there.
There is eve NDI|HX capabilities here!
Pansonic has created three guides for using the CX10 for live streaming. Hosted by Panasonic Product Engineer Yusuke Ota, these videos cover the HC ROP control app for remote control & streaming live to YouTube Live.
The HC ROP App Controls the CX10!
You can download the HC ROP APP here!
- DEVICE SEL>WLAN
- WLAN PROPERTY>TYPE>INFRA(SELECT)
- Select appropriate SSID
- WLAN IPv4 SETTING>DHCP>CLIENT
- IP REMOTE>ENABLE
- Set USER ACCOUNT (Account name & Password)
- Close MENU
HC ROP Setup:
- Tap the gear icon
- Type in IP address which was assigned to CX10 by DHCP (step 5 above)
- Type in User ID & Password that you set for CX10 (step 7 above)
- * You should see “R” mark; now HC ROP can control CX10
Check out this great tutorial and setup here!
Live Streaming to YouTube or Facebook Live with the CX10
SETTING A DESTINATION FOR WINDOWS
- Prepare a Windows machine and insert an SD card
- Download P2 Network Setting Software
- Open YouTube Studio and copy Stream URL & Stream key
- Open P2 Network Setting Software, and select Streaming & RTMP tabs
- Paste Stream URL, add “/“, then paste Stream key into STREAM DESTINATION URL box
- Tap Export; the URL is stored to the SD card
- Setup Wi-Fi connection & HC ROP (see section above)
- NETWORK FUNC>STREAMING
- Select STREAMING FORMAT
- START TRIGGER>CAMERA
- CONNECTION INFO.>SD CARD...RECEIVER URL is copied from the SD card. (step 6 above)
- MENU>CAMERA>USER SW>Assign STREAMING START to a user switch (e.g., USER1)
- Close MENU
RECORDING & STREAMING START
- Open HC ROP and confirm “R” mark shows up
- Tap REC S/S...Internal SD card recording starts
- Tap USER SW1 (step 8 above)
Now the CX10 is streaming to your destination. Bellow is a great video walking through these steps.
Turn the CX10 into a Webcam!
- Go to NewTek website and download NDI TOOLS 4.5
- Activate NDI|HX on CX10 (*Internet connection and license key are needed for activation)
- MENU>NETWORK (On CX10)
- DEVICE SEL>USB-LAN
- NETWORK FUNC>NDI|HX
- USB-LAN IPv4 SETTING>DHCP>OFF, Set appropriate IP address
- NDI|HX>STREAMING FORMAT>Select a format
- Close MENU
- Connect CX10 to your laptop via LAN cable
- Turn on NDI Virtual Input
- Right click NDI Virtual Input, then select AG-CX10
- Start a web meeting (e.g. Teams)
* You should see the video from CX10 on the web meeting; now CX10 is your webcam
Here's a great video setup tutorial.