PVC by Rich Young
Here's another collection of news on tutorials, tips, and related tools assorted with Adobe Premiere Pro. Things have been a little slower, perhaps in anticipation of a Creative Cloud update, though paywall training courses saw several new releases.
The big news was the IBC 2014 previews of the latest features coming to Creative Cloud pro video apps. The release has been said to be in October 2014. Features are a bit light this time, except for Premiere Pro, but these are updates not new version releases, like the ones in June. Hopefully there are few kinks in any UI changes amid the high-DPI functionality upgrades. Here's Al Mooney from the Premiere team with an overview, and his presentation at the IBC 2014 SuperMeet.
New features mentioned on the Adobe Premiere Pro team blog include:
- Advanced search functions
- browsing and import of other Premiere Pro and After Effects projects for easy access to their media and sequences
- Archive, convert, or move a project with Consolidate and Transcode.
- Render and Replace
- Full encode/decode support for the GoPro CineForm codec offers users a cross-platform intermediate codec, with full support for alpha and large frame sizes of 4K and beyond.
- Installing free decoder or GoPro Studio gives users QT Player 7 and system decode (restart may be necessary; VLC doesn't work).
- native support for 4K, 5K, 6K and higher content, now including debayering Phantom Cine and Canon RAW, as well as RED and Cinema DNG footage. Support for the AJA RAW format.
- Masking and Tracking improvements
Others have their own takes on the prerelease version of the app. read more...