SmallHD Updates Firmware to Expand into Log and HDR Preview James DeRuvo from doddleNEWS shared this great inside peek of SmallHD's updates! It wouldn’t be a week here at doddleNEWS without a firmware update, and this time around it’s yet another offering from SmallHD, which will bring HDR Preview and an expansion of LOG to their line of production monitors. Since SmallHD is now fully embracing HDR in their 1300 series of production monitors, they are busy adding HDR Preview and a host of other features into their entire line. These features include expanding LOG with V-Log and S-Log DeLOG support, respectively, as well as supporting de-interlacing in all SmallHD production monitors. Other features added include:
- De-Interlacer is now supported in all SmallHD production monitors.
- The 1303 HDR now supports Studio Mode, our 100 nit mode for studio environments
- V-Log and S-Log 3 DeLOG and HDR Preview support now available
- A “Color Picker” tool has been added to the toolbar. This allows you to display video color values of a selected pixel.
- fixing a bug that occasionally caused Vectorscope to crash, .
- fixing a bug causing transient data to not display properly when “no correction” is set in the Input menu, even if a log format is not the chosen gamma.
- fixing a bug causing the Multi-view/Dual-view to occasionally show valid inputs as a black image.
- fixing a bug that occasionally caused some colors to be rendered incorrectly when the input format changes
- fixing a bug that sometimes caused a page to continue displaying Brightness & Contrast adjustments made within the “Focus Assist” & “Peaking” tools, even after these tools were disabled.