Sony Creative Software Unveils Vegas Pro Production Assistant Plug-in for Rapid Video Editing
MADISON, WI â€” Sony Creative Software, a leading provider of professional video and audio production applications, today announced the Vegas Pro Production Assistant software plug-in. The brand-new tool for Sony Vegas Pro 9 video and audio editing software announced separately today takes advantage of powerful scripting capabilities to automate repetitive production processes to help editors meet their demanding deadlines faster than ever before. The Vegas Pro Production Assistant also works with Vegas Pro 8.
"In today's multi-format, multi-cast world, content producers are facing new challenges when it comes to creating and delivering their programs," said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. "Mixing 4:3 SD clips with 16:9 HD source material is a common scenario for our broadcast customers, requiring some additional editorial decisions on whether to pan/crop, zoom, letterbox or pillarbox the material. On the output side, delivery targets range from traditional SD and HD broadcasts, to the Web, DVD and Blu-ray discs, to portable devices like cell phones, portable media players and the Sony PSP. The Vegas Pro Production Assistant plug-in streamlines the entire production process, enabling broadcasters to create consistent, high-quality content for multiple delivery platforms regardless of the original aspect ratio and resolution, all with a few simple mouse clicks."
Developed in partnership with VASST, developers of training and software tools for Sony Vegas Pro, the Vegas Pro Production Assistant software plug-in features an easy to use, three-tab interface for Input, Process and Output. Pre-built output presets for broadcast workflows are included to quickly begin finalizing content for television. Additional broadcast features include tools for creating lower thirds, splitting stereo track into two mono tracks, normalizing audio tracks, broadcast color process, audio ducking functions and outputting to multiple formats simultaneously.
Key Vegas Pro Production Assistant Features
In addition to a number of secondary tools, the Vegas Pro Production Assistant software plug-in features five primary productivity tools:
- Montage Tool: Automates the process of creating a montage from your video or still images
- Motion Tool: Automates the motion of clips across the screen complete with motion backgrounds
- Lower Thirds Tool: Generates animated lower thirds automatically with complete control over placement and timing
- Workflow Automation Tools: Streamlines tasks such as normalization, stereo to mono split, crossfade creation, audio ducking and archiving
- Batch File Processing Tool: Treats multiple files simultaneously with processes such as playback rate adjustment, image sequence generation, reduce interlace flicker, convert to widescreen, broadcast color correction and more
Price and Availability
The Vegas Pro Production Assistant software plug-in (English only) will be available on May 11, 2009 from the Sony Creative Software website and nationwide retailers. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the Vegas Pro Production Assistant software is U.S. $199.
Leave a comment