Grass Valley EDIUS 5
Non-linear Editing Software
Editing for the Digital Generation
EDIUS nonlinear editing software is designed for broadcast and post-production environments, especially those with newer, tapeless forms of video recording and storage. EDIUS software offers real-time, multi-track, mixed-format editing, compositing, chroma keying, titling, and timeline output capabilities.
- Edit any mix of SD and HD resolution video content together in real time
- Work with many different native video formats, including DV, HDV, AVCHD, uncompressed, and more
- New GPU-accelerated 3D transitions
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title, and graphics tracks
- Real-time editing and conversion of different HD/SD aspect ratios, such as 16:9 and 4:3
- Real-time editing and conversion of different frame rates, such as 60i, 50i, and 24p
- Real-time editing and conversion of different resolutions, such as 1920x1080, 1440x1080, 1280x720, and 720x480
- Real-time HD/SD effects, keyers, transitions, and titles
- Supports newer file-based formats, including Infinity JPEG 2000, XDCAM and XDCAM EX, P2 (DVCPRO and AVC-Intra), and GFCAM
- Real-time, render-free DV output directly from the timeline
- Multi-camera editing of up to eight different sources simultaneously
- Nested timeline sequences
- High-speed SD and HDV MPEG-2 timeline export, built for dual-core CPU technology
- High-quality, multi-format video exporting to Infinity JPEG 2000, MPEG-2, AVCHD, AVC-Intra, and more
- Direct-to-DVD timeline export
- High value software bundle includes filters, effects, image stabilization, titling, VST audio plug-ins, and DVD and Blu-ray authoring
- Compatible with Windows® XP and Windows Vista
All EDIUS bundles include:
- NewBlue video filters: Art Effects, Film Effects and Motion Effects
- ProDAD video effects and image stabilization: VitaScene and Mercalli Expert
- iZotope VST audio plug-ins: Audio Effects Suite, AudioRestore, AGC and Mastering Effects Suite
- Corel DVD and Blu-ray authoring: DVD MovieFactory
- Inscriber titling: TitleMotion Pro for EDIUS
- Artbeats stock footage & graphics
Grass Valley Firecoder Blu
Accelerated Blu-ray Encoder and More
H.264/MPEG-2 hardware transcoder board that provides high-speed encoding of video files for use in DVD and Blu-ray disc production. Output may be directly to a Blu-ray disc or to a Blu-ray compatible file. FIRECODER Blu transcodes between AVCHD- and HDV compatible MPEG-2 formats. It supports 1080i and 720p, as well as native 24p Blu-ray.
HDSPARK with EDIUS v5
Grass Valley HDSPARK
Nonlinear Editing and HDMI Output
Combine the EDIUS software with the HD SPARK PCIe card and you can preview your effects and content, in full-resolution, on an inexpensive HDMI monitor. If you're working in a file-based, networked environment and need to see your projects output in real-time, using the same HDMI monitors your audience will ultimately be watching your productions on, the HDSPARK bundle is the ideal solution.
- HDMI output for full resolution real-time monitoring from included EDIUS NLE software
- Embedded HDMI audio output and separate RCA jacks for high-quality audio monitoring
- Video and audio output stays perfectly in sync with editing windows for accurate editing and trimming
- Edit any mix of SD- and HD resolution video content together in real time
- Works with many different native video formats, including DV, HDV, AVCHD, uncompressed, and more
- Real-time SD/HD resolution, aspect-ratio and frame-rate conversion and output, including 16:9-to-4:3 and NTSC-to-PAL
- New GPU-accelerated 3D transitions
- Real-time editing performance increases as CPU power increases
- Supports newer file-based formats, including Infinity™ JPEG 2000, XDCAM and XDCAM EX, P2 (DVCPRO and AVC-Intra), and GFCam
- Compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Grass Valley HDSTORM Plus
Complete NLE System with HDMI In/Out
plus StormBay for HD/SD Analog I/O
Combine all the professional features of the EDIUS nonlinear editing software with the HDSTORM input/output hardware! HDSTORM offers the same full-resolution HDMI output as the HDSPARK but also allows you to work with HDMI input with Canopus' HQ hardware codec built-in for optimized, CPU-free capture. This bundle also includes the HDSTORM Bay for HD/SD analog component, S-Video, and composite input/output.
The Canopus HQ codec offers supreme visual quality without the excessive hard disk storage costs normally associated with HD video ingest. With HDSTORM, you can be assured that the HD video content you output from your HD sources will be perfectly preserved, ready for you to either edit, author to DVD or Blu-ray, or store for later usage. Because the input quality is so clean, subsequent conversions to other distribution formats—such as mobile phones or the Web—are cleaner too.
The complete HDSTORM PLUS includes the HDSTORM PCIe card, EDIUS 5 plus bundled software and the 5.25" HDSTORM Bay with connector cable.