Talking Remote Editing with the Expert Michael Kammes
With more and more people across the country working from home during the Covid-19 pandemic, remote editing has become a valuable tool. Many film and video editors have had to reset their home office, and start editing while away from work.
Michael Kammes is a certified remote editing expect. Provideocoalition.com recently released an article speaking with Kammes about working remotely.
In the article, Kammes reflects that there is a lot more to what remote editing can mean, other than the traditional sense.
The article details a podcast interview with Kammes where he goes in depth on how to get started in remote editing.
The interview addresses the remote streaming topic on many levels including:
- Physically moving media via hard drives
- Remote dialing into an edit system such as TeamViewer, LogMeIn, or Google Remote
- Using Dropbox or Google Drive to move media
- Mounting media from the cloud
- Using VPN's
- The reality and cost of remote editing
- The difference between true remote editing or working with a client remotely.
The interview sheds light on a lot of great information and is well worth checking out, HERE.
Leave a comment