IBC 2009 - Amsterdam - September 10, 2009 — Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that Matrox MAX technology can now be used to accelerate H.264 encoding with Telestream Episode Encoder desktop applications on the Mac. Matrox MAX technology is available in the Matrox CompressHD accelerator card and the Matrox MXO2 family of I/O devices.
"Users rely on Episode Encoder for their H.264 encoding needs," said Barbara DeHart, VP of marketing at Telestream. "Episode support for Matrox MAX hardware acceleration devices now enables even faster H.264 HD encoding on a Mac."
"Matrox MAX technology is all about speed and workflow efficiency," said Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing at Matrox. "For example, creating a 20 minute H.264 file from a XDCAM HD source typically takes about 41 minutes with Episode on an 8-core Mac Pro. Using Matrox MAX technology, that same deliverable can be generated in 16 minutes. Matrox MAX technology is a must-have for anyone creating content today."
Key features of Matrox MAX technology
- Faster than realtime creation of H.264 files, for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD, at bitrates up to 50 Mbps
- A specialized, dedicated hardware processor liberates system resources for other tasks
- Accelerated encoding for Blu-ray, Apple TV, YouTube, Flash, web formats, and mobile devices including iPhone and iPod from various video sources including 2K files
- Direct integration with Apple Compressor and Telestream Episode to simplify workflow
- Creation of Blu-ray H.264 files that can be authored in Adobe Encore CS4 or Roxio Toast 10 and burned without re-encoding
Telestream products make it possible to get video content to any audience regardless of how it is created, distributed or viewed. Throughout the entire digital media lifecycle, from capture to viewing, for consumers through high-end professionals, Telestream products range from components and encoding applications to fully-automated workflow systems.