The folks over at Epiphan put this list together of various streaming software tools and apps that work seamlessly with their AV.IO HD & SDI USB3 encoders. The AV.io are devices about the size of a pack of cigarettes that attach to your computer or laptop, PC or MAC via USB3. They are bus powered and do not require any special drivers. Run any of the software found in this article and they just work! Allowing you to bring in HDMI or SDI footage and stream it live over the internet. Great job Epiphan!
99 best streaming software toolsVideo streaming is very popular. Advances in computer networking over the past couple decades, combined with powerful home computers and modern operating systems, have made streaming media practical and affordable for ordinary consumers. And as the demand for video streaming grows, so does the number of best streaming software options to service that demand. Live streaming requires:
- a form of source media (e.g. a video camera or a video game console),
- a capture device (if the source is external), such as our AV.io HD video grabber
- an encoder to digitize the content,
- a broadcast platform (e.g. YouTube),
- and sometimes a content delivery network (CDN) to distribute and deliver the content (to improve your user’s experience in terms of speed).
- Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) OBS is a free software for recording and live streaming that is an excellent choice for beginners looking to get their feet wet in live streaming. It is also an open source program, which means that the program’s source code is available for everyone to contribute and improve upon.
- VMix Live Production Software VMix is a live streaming software solution with an emphasis on live production. The free version of this software offers basic streaming and recording of only a few inputs at non-HD resolutions. Each successive payment package offers increasingly higher resolutions all the way up to 4K, with unlimited inputs.
- Telestream Wirecast Wirecast lets you produce professional-quality live production and encoding of live streams for broadcast to multiple servers and platforms simultaneously. Wirecast even works with multiple Epiphan AV.io HD video grabbers at the same time, making Epiphan’s AV.io HD and Wirecast the perfect home multicamera live streaming package.
- XSplit Broadcaster XSplit Broadcaster allows users to create professional quality live broadcasts and video recordings using a simple and intuitive interface that anyone can master.
- VIDBlaster VIDBlaster is a flexible live production tool (similar to our live production mixer, Pearl) that is geared to those running “bigger” shows with multiple cameras, guests via video conferencing, screen captures etc.