Three months after the official acquisition of the majority of Sony Creative Software products, we are releasing VEGAS Pro 14 worldwide. With a range of innovative new features and many critical improvements, VEGAS Pro 14 provides an even more reliable, stable and efficient editing experience. With HEVC and native ProRes support, tools to upscale HD video for use in 4K and UHD projects, and improved industry-wide hardware support, VEGAS Pro 14 offers powerful functionality and advanced features for top-end professional video and film productions.
VEGAS Pro 14 – What’s new?
- HEVC HEVC/H.265 technology enables users to compress video further than ever with far greater quality. This makes higher quality streaming possible and lowers file storage costs for content owners.
- Native ProRes Support In order to eliminate reliance on problematic third-party technology, VEGAS Pro 14 includes robust native support for ProRes files. The VEGAS Pro technology properly preserves 10-bit ProRes files, thus avoiding any losses in video quality.
- HFR Support Thanks to High Frame Rates (HFR) support, VEGAS Pro allows professionals to use modern cameras to their fullest potential.
- Smart Upscale With the new Smart Upscale technology, HD footage can be upscaled to 4K and UHD resolutions while maintaining a high quality. This way, users can repurpose their vast collection of HD footage for modern 4K and UHD projects.
- Smart Zoom The Smart Zoom feature makes it possible to reframe shots in post-production without losing quality. The keyframing techniques enable the editor to create camera zooms that were not shot in the field whilst preserving the shot’s quality and integrity.
- Hover Scrub The new Hover Scrub tools make it much faster and easier to go through footage in the Trimmer window and mark In and Out points in media files. This leads to a faster editing and project assembly process.
- Vignette Video Effect The new vignette plug-in enables users to add subtle vignette effects to their video clips. This makes it possible to alter video clips in order to create a different emotional reaction and set different points of focus in comparison to otherwise evenly lit shots.
- Updated Hardware Support With improved support for today’s RED and Panasonic cameras as well as AJA and Blackmagic Design hardware, users can now edit footage from a broader range of cameras and enjoy greater flexibility in their video and film projects.
- Increased Clip Velocity Limit Users can now set event velocity envelopes to a maximum of 1,000% (up from 300% previously) for fast motion at 10 times normal speed. Combined with the Clip Property Rate setting, this enables fast motion up to 40 times normal speed.