See what's new in the latest Wowza Streaming Engine software release (version 4.4), the Wowza Streaming Cloud service, and the recently released Wowza GoCoder 2.0.
Date: Tuesday, February 16
Time: 1 pm ET | 6 pm GMT
Duration: 45 Minutes
In this webinar we will discuss the latest release of Wowza Streaming Engine™ software, version 4.4, and the newest features in the Wowza Streaming Cloud™ service.
Additionally, we'll cover the recent release of the Wowza GoCoder™ 2.0 mobile capture and encoding app, which adds several powerful features, including support for 4K streaming and better device battery life than ever before.
In this session we'll provide insights on the following:
Wowza Streaming Engine 4.4
- WebRTC private preview
- Generic stream target profiles
- Stream target enhancements
- Transcoder enhancements
Wowza Streaming Cloud
- REST API (public preview)
- New region support
- Streaming improvements
Wowza GoCoder 2.0
- 4K video streaming at 30 fps for Apple iPhone 6s and supported Android devices
- Apple Watch and Android Wear support, allowing users to start, stop, and preview Wowza GoCoder streams on their wearables
- Video Toolbox API with GPU acceleration for iOS 8.1 and later
- Social media sharing and notifications when you start a stream
- Vertical (portrait mode) video recording
- One-touch streaming to Wowza Streaming Cloud and Wowza Streaming Engine
Ryan Jespersen, Senior Manager of Technical Marketing at Wowza
Ryan Jespersen has more than 15 years in the video and multimedia industry, ranging from production to postproduction and video streaming. In his current role as senior manager of technical marketing at Wowza Media Systems™, Ryan drives the creation of the webinar series and training content. His goal is to educate customers about streaming and Wowza products, as well as how to deliver streaming media solutions easily and effectively. Ryan earned his BS in computer science from the University of Málaga in Spain.