YouTube has officially launched 360-degree live video streaming functionality. Digimediadude summarized their official announcement from the hub of the NAB 2016 show.
NAB 2016 News: YouTube Announces 360-Degree Live Video Streaming
- YouTube announced that they will begin live streaming events in 360-degree.
- The first event they streamed live in 360-degree was select artist performances in Coachella.
- YouTube also announced the released of spatial audio for on-demand YouTube videos.
- Spatial audio involves depth, distance and intensity in the audio itself, just like in real life.
- YouTube will make 360-degree live streaming and spatial audio technologies available at all YouTube Space locations around the world.