Atomos ninja v
UNLOCK THE FULL POTENTION OF DSLR & MIRRORLESS CAMERAS
Free Shipping for Orders IN THE USA
You got the shot. Now, let Ninja V make it better.
The Ninja V has one important mission – to push the capabilities of your camera beyond its limits. The Ninja V takes all your creativity and brings it to life in the video you capture, regardless of whether you’re shooting cinematic productions, or vlogs for your social media channel. Whether you shoot HDR or regular SDR. Whether you use a professional cinema camera or a prosumer mirrorless camera.
With a super bright 5” HDR display the Ninja V gives you increased dynamic range on-screen. Add to this the flexibility to record up to 4Kp60 over HDMI 2.0 or SDI* in a range of codecs including Apple ProRes, ProRes RAW and Avid DNxHR. With Ninja V you have complete flexibility to capture every detail perfectly during filming and have maximum latitude in post.
EMPOWER YOUR CAMERA. CAPTURE YOUR VISION
EVERY TOOL YOU NEED AT YOUR FINGERTIPS.
One-touch operation gives you access to a complete suite of exposure and focus tools. Get custom 3D LUTs, false color profiles, adjustable focus peaking and movable 1:1 and 2:1 pixel magnification. In addition, RGB parade and vectorscopes ensure perfect colors on your calibrated monitor.
INSTANT PLAYBACK & REVIEW.
Playback footage instantly on-set, either on-screen or out HDMI TV or monitor. Even watch in slow motion for more detailed frame-by-frame analysis of your shots. In addition you can deliver content via a Dolby Vision live HDMI out, in real-time, from your HDR camera to a compatible Dolby Vision HDR TV or monitor.
SOUNDS AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS.
Like all Atomos Monitor-recorders, the Ninja V enables audio input directly from your camera. Choose from digital source via HDMI, or analogue input via the stereo 3.5mm line/mic socket, depending on your mic setup.
Metadata tag footage as you review on the Ninja V. Use the touchscreen to mark favorites, rejects and more. When you bring your footage into your edit timeline, immediately filter your tags.
Record 4K HDR Gaming
Ninja V is a stand-alone system for 4k UHD, HDR & high frame rate capture that eliminates expensive, complicated & unreliable PC setups. Ninja V enables simple recording, monitoring & instant review. Capture every detail in HDR & automatically include all the correct HDR flags ready for upload to YouTube. Ideal for games development testing, pre-release capture sessions or just to show of your skills!
Learn more about the Atomos Ninja V
- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
Complete control. Ninja V + ProRes RAW
Photographers have long known about the benefits of RAW for stills. Capturing Apple ProRes RAW video with the Ninja V over HDMI unlocks complete control of the video image at the highest quality possible. Starting with the Nikon Z6 & Z7, with other cameras being added soon, users can experience RAW video to get the maximum dynamic range, color accuracy & detail. Colors can be easily matched & the extra information means footage can be easily be manipulated in post-production for maximum creativity.
Love what you see on screen
The Ninja V delivers a stunning viewing experience in a portable 5” multi-purpose device. The screen has 1000 nits peak brightness for daylight viewing, 10+ stops of dynamic range displayed, & 4K input. The 1920x1080 display has amazing depth & vibrancy thanks to color accuracy, 10-bit processing & the ability to be fully calibrated by the user.
The unique AtomHDR engine processes the incoming Log/RAW/HDR signals from your camera or device & displays in all its HDR glory on the Ninja V screen. There are matching profiles for a plethora of cameras, with more added as they emerge. Prefer to work is Rec.709? The Ninja V has you covered with the ability to load custom LUTs to match your workflow.
Ninja V takes exactly what your camera sensor is capturing, enhances it & allows you to view & record it in amazing detail. This portable powerhouse gives you complete confidence in what you’re capturing, so you’re free to push creative boundaries more than ever before.
Capture every frame & make it your own
Behind the stunning screen, Ninja V’s massive advanced computing power adds production grade recording to your camera. Giving flexibility is the foundation of every specification of this workhorse. Ninja V records in a wide range of codecs: Apple ProRes, ProRes RAW & Avid DNx to enable wide compatibility across camera types & edit software.
Unlock the full potential of DLSR & mirrorless
The diversity of codecs makes the Ninja V recordings compatible with all major editing software packages. In terms of capture, virtually any HDMI or SDI source is
supported, including cameras from Nikon, Fujifilm, Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Z-Cam, Olympus, RED & ARRI.
Every detail, meticulously preserved
Recording RAW gives users the maximum creative scope in post-production. Working with the unprocessed image as a starting point yields phenomenal results. Applying Apple ProRes technology compresses the RAW files allowing you to import, edit, manipulate & grade the pristine data without slowing down your edit.
Ninja V is built to capture RAW data directly from compatible camera’s sensors over HDMI, for recording in ProRes RAW. This takes an industry-leading premium codec & makes it accessible to owners of smaller, more cost effective mirrorless cameras.
Ninja V continues to evolve. The monitor’s features keeps improving with every new AtomOS release. Not only will additional ProRes RAW capable cameras be supported, other new features have constantly been added for free. Recent additions include a wider range of frame guides (1:1, 4:5, 1:91:1 & 9:16) - perfect for social media content creation. A nine-grid overlay makes composing using the rule of thirds easy. The addition of an ARRI style false color scale bolsters Ninja V’s impressive professional credentials. & this is still just the start.
Making multi-camera mainstream
You no longer need a huge budget or a highly skilled editor to produce perfectly synchronized, multicamera video. The optional AtomX SYNC module sits on the back of the Ninja V, integrating it into a Timecode Systems powered multi-camera sync network. The advanced long-range RF system is completely wireless, offering incredible accuracy & stability. Effortlessly synchronize your recordings with multiple camera & sound sources. With frame-accurate timecode embedded directly into each recording you can accurately edit together multiple video & audio sources effortlessly using automated functions in all popular editing software.
Big storage. Mini proportions
Shooting 4K in advanced formats like ProRes, DNx & ProRes RAW, requires storage media with ample volume, fast transfer times and high, sustained read and write speeds. The tough AtomX SSDmini drives complete the Ninja V’s digital workflow. Smaller than conventional SATA SSDs they are an affordable professional alternative to recording to a camera’s internal memory cards. Offering up to 2TB storage, a sequential read speed of up to 550MB/s and write speed up to 500MB/s, these drives can record up to 150 minutes of 4K ProRes on a single drive. And measuring 8cm long, 7.5cm wide and weighing as little as 88g, the custom built drives neatly fit the Ninja V’s compact proportions.
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm) : 151 x 91.5 x 31. 25mm thick
- Weight: 360g / 12.7oz
- Mount points: 1 x Anti rotation 1/4" / 3/8 top and bottom
- Ambient operating temperature: Up to 40° C
Construction and Control
- Body: Aluminium with ABS plastic
- Cooling: Actively controlled fan and heat sink
- Tally light: Rear and front
- Multi-function button: Power / lock Screen
- AtomXpansion slot: Yes
- Input voltage: 6.2V - 16.8V
- Operating power: 5.8V - 7.2V
- Compatible batteries: NPF L series
- Built in battery: No
- Battery Run time (Record): 5200mAh - up to 2hrs (monitor & record 4K 60p)7800mAh - up to 3hrs (monitor & record 4K 60p)
- Continuous power: Via Optional AtomX SYNC Module
- DC in connector: Via DC Jack on Battery Eliminator
- Dtap: Via Battery Eliminator and optional DTap to DC cable
- Touchscreen: SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch)
- Size : 5.2"
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- PPI: 427
- Bit depth: 10Bit (8+2 FRC)
- Backlight Type: Edge lit
- Brightness (cdm2 / nits): 1000
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Color Gamut: Rec.709
- Calibration support: Atomos Calibrator with Xrite i1 Display Pro / Plus (Retail)
- Gamma: Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3, Canon CLog / CLog2 / Clog3,Arri Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320/ LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 /LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600, Panasonic Vlog,JVC JLog1, Red LogFilm / Log3G10 / Log3G12, FujiFilmFlog, PQ (HDR10), HLG, Nikon N-Log
- Gamut: BT2020, DCI P3, DCI p3 65, Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / BT2020Panasonic V GamutArri Alexa Wide GamutRec709JVC LS300Red DragonColor / DragonColor2 / RedColor2 /RedColor3 / RedColor4 / RedWideGamut
- 3D LUT Display: .Cube Format
- 3D LUT Down Stream: Loop out
- 3DLUT 50/50: Yes
- Monitoring Modes: Native / HLG / PQ / 3D LUT
- HDR output Conversion: Log / HDR to HLG / PQ / Dolby Vision
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI (2.0) 4k p60
- HDMI RAW: Apples ProRes RAW up to 6k
- SDI : Optional via AtomX SDI module
- SDI RAW: Optional with AtomX SDI + SDI RAW activation
- Bit Depth: 8/10-bit Video / RAW up to 16-bit
- Video Chroma Subsampling: 4:2:2
- HDCP copy protection: No supported
- HDMI: RAW - white balance, exposure index, shutter speed/angle, iris F stop, ISO, gamma, gamut
- SDI: File name from Arri, RED
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI (2.0) 4k p60
- SDI loop out: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- SDI Play out: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- Video Chroma Subsampling: 4:2:2
- Bit Depth: 10Bit Video / 12Bit RAW
- USB UVC: Optional via Connect 4k
Video Signal Conversion
- HDMI to SDI: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- SDI to HDMI: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- Audio Quality: 24/48kHz
- Audio Codec: PCM
- HDMI: 8ch 24-bit, input dependent
- SDI: 12ch 24-bit, input dependent
- Analogue Audio in: 3.5mm 2ch.
- Headphone out: 3.5mm 2ch.
Timecode / Sync
- Embedded: HDMI and SDI
- Time of day: Yes, Time and Date
- LTC: via 3.5mm audio Jack input (requires post processing)
- Wireless SYNC: Via Optional AtomX SYNC Module
Resolution and Frame Rates (Record, Monitor & Playback)
- 6k: RAW Only up to 30p via HDMI
- 4k DCI: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60p
- 4k UHD: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60p
- 2K DCI 2046 x 1080: Optional via AtomX SDI module
- Anamorphic: 3.5k: RAW up to 60p (from supported cameras only)
- FHD 1920 x 1080 Progressive: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60/100/120p
- FHD 1920 x 1080 PsF: converted to P and looped out PsF
- FHD 1920 x 1080 Interlaced: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60i
- 1280 x 720p: 50/59.94/60p
- Apple ProRes RAW: ProRes RAW, HQ
- Apple ProRes: LT, 422, 422HQ
- Avid DNxHD: 220x, 220, 145, 36
- Avid DNxHR: LB, SQ, HQ, HQX
- H.265: Optional activation key visit my.Atomos.com
- Playlist: Yes, Create customer play lists from full or sub clips
- Loop: Yes, with user customisable in / out markers
- Apple ProRes Raw: Yes, recorded clips
- Apple ProRes: Yes, with Linear PCM audio
- Avid DNx: Yes, with Linear PCM audio
- Pre-roll record: Yes (HD 8s, 4K 2s) - Not available in RAW
- Timelapse: Yes
Multi Input / Switching
- SDI A/B toggle: Via optional AtomX SDI module
- Master Caddy I: Not compatible
- SSDmini: Native size and fit
- CFast II: Supported cards via optional AtomX CFast Adapter
- File Naming: Unit Name - Scene/Shot/Take
- File System: ExFAT
On screen tools
- Waveform: Yes, 3 size / position
- RGB parade: Yes, 3 size / position
- Vector scope: Yes, 2 size / position
- 1 x Zoom: Yes. 1:1 Pixel mapping for 4k
- 2 x Zoom: Yes
- Focus peaking: Colour selected / threshold setting / color / mono / edges only
- False colour: Yes, with scale
- Zebra: Yes, adjustable
- Isolate color channel: Blue Only
- Cine Frame Guides: 2.4:1, 2.35:1, 1.9:1, 1.85:1, 4:3
- Social Frame guides: 9:16, 1:1, 191:1, 4:5
- Safe areas: Action and Graphic
- Grid markers: 9 grid
- Anamorphic desqueeze: 1.25x 1.33x , 1.5x ,1.8x ,2x
- Display Flip: Vertical Only
Onboard Signal Processing
- Pulldown Removal: 24/25/30pSF > 24/25/30p (2:2 pulldown)60i > 24p (3:2 pulldown)
- 4K UHD Downscale for HD: Loop out - 4K UHD to FHD
- DCI Crop: Loop out - 17:9 to 16:9 Crop
- HDMI: Auto HDMI Trigger, Supported Protocols - Canon, Sony,Atomos Open Standard
- SDI: SDI trigger camera selectable
- Serial 2.5mm Jack: LANC control and calibration viaoptional USB to serial cable
- Bluetooth LE: Via optional AtomX SYNC module
- Wireless RF: Via optional AtomX SYNC module
External Device Control
- Serial 2.5mm Jack: Camera control for supported cameras via Optional USB to Serial Cable
- Bluetooth LE: Via optional AtomX SYNC module to compatible devices
- Wireless RF: Via optional AtomX SYNC module to compatible devices
- XML: Cut tag EDL in FCPX XML
- Apple ProRes RAW: Apple FCP, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Avid Media Composer, GrassValley Edius, Assimilate Scratch, Baselight Film Light.
- Video Codecs: All Applications with support for Apple ProRes and Avid DNX in .MOV wrapper
- Standard: 1 Year. Extended to 3 years on product registration
- Ninja V
- 1 x Battery eliminator
- 1 x international DC power supply
- 1 x Master Caddy II
- Quick Start Guide