Avid Media Composer and Matrox MXO2 Mini
More Than Just HD Monitoring
Lightning Fast H.264 Encoding Too!
Deliver H.264 files up to 5 times faster
Avid's support of Matrox MXO2 Mini was the talk of NAB and IBC 2010, giving Media Composer users a very inexpensive ($449) HD monitoring solution. But that's not the only benefit Matrox products offer Avid users. Matrox MXO2 Mini with the built-in MAX H.264 encoding accelerator option ($849) lets you deliver H.264 files for the web, iPad, iPhone, and other mobile devices, directly from Media Composer and your Mac Pro or MacBook Pro, at speeds up to five times faster than software alone, without sacrificing quality. Matrox MAX even lets you deliver directly from Media Composer up to three times faster than if you used Sorenson Squeeze to encode the files.
Exporting to an H.264 File
Not only do you get superior speed and quality, you can also tweak the power of Matrox MAX to meet your specific needs. The vast array of fine-tuneable controls lets you optimize encoding speed and video quality. Web video publishers, in particular, will appreciate the ability of Matrox MAX technology to deliver superb quality video at low bit rates.
Matrox MAX technology lets you customize the following setting parameters:
- Resolutions: even frame sizes from 64x64 to 1920x1088
- Bit rates: from 100 Kb/s to 50 Mb/s
- Baseline or main profile, CABAC or CAVLC entropy encoding
- GOP structure controls
- 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 level support
- Constant bit rate to ensure that the bit rate remains stable. Quality varies depending on the complexity of each frame.
- Constant quality to deliver your desired quality on each frame at the lowest bit rate possible. Matrox MAX analyzes each video frame and delivers the targeted quality without regard to bit rate
- Noise filtering to save bits by reducing high-frequencies in your video
- Hardware de-interlacing
Inexpensive HD monitoring with Matrox MXO2 Mini
- Turns your HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with unique Matrox color calibration tools
- Small, lightweight, external box for use in studio, on set, in the field, and in OB vans
- Cross-platform support - Mac and PC; laptops, desktops, and workstations
- HDMI, analog component, S-Video, and composite output
- Stereo RCA and up to 8 channels of HDMI audio output
- Matrox Vetura Capture application for quick and easy capture to Avid DNxHD or other popular Avid-supported codecs
Leave a comment