Epiphan recently made the exciting announcement that Epiphan Cloud is included for free in all Epiphan Pearl devices. This allows users to leverage a tremendous amount of power for content management and remote production capabilities.
Keep in mind, Epiphan Cloud is not a download, it is an online interface that comes included with your Pearl device to fully leverage all of its potential for remote production.
On this week's Videoguys Live Webinar, we're breaking down the advantages of Epiphan Cloud, and demonstrating how to set up cloud quickly and easily with your Pearl.
Check out the webinar, below.
What is Epiphan Cloud?
Epiphan Cloud is your Command Center for Everything Epiphan- Available for All Epiphan Pearl Devices.
- One platform for all your Epiphan devices including Pearl Nano, Pearl Mini and Pearl-2
- Commanding view of the status of all your devices
- Set up and launch events within the cloud
- 24/7 monitoring for all devices
- Actionable advice for troubleshooting
- Collaborate with your team within the cloud
- Fine tune the UI to fit your needs
- Intuitive user interface for easy navigation
Epiphan Pearl Overview:
Epiphan Pearl Nano:
The perfect-fit streamer and recorder
- Full HD video recorder, streamer, splitter, and scaler
- Two video inputs + networked inputs
- 2.2 inch front screen + buttons
- Two XLR line-level audio inputs
- SD card slot and M.2 SATA SSD expansion bay
- Think of it as a small Pearl Mini that only has 1 layout and channel
- Learn more about the Pearl Nano HERE.
Epiphan Pearl Mini:
Simplified live video production
- Full HD video switcher, recorder, streamer, splitter, and scaler
- Three video inputs + networked inputs
- 7 inch touch screen for confidence monitoring and control
- Two XLR/TRS mic-level audio inputs with phantom power
- SD card slot for storage
- Learn more about the Pearl Mini HERE.
The ultimate all-in-one video production system
- 4K video switcher, recorder, streamer, splitter, and scaler
- Six video inputs + networked inputs
- 4 inch touch screen
- Four XLR line-level audio inputs
- 500 GB internal hard drive
- NDI support and chroma keying
- Learn more about the Pearl-2 HERE.
Check out this comparison chart for more information:
How to Register your Pearl:
In order to access Epiphan Cloud, your Pearl system must be both registered and updated to the latest firmware. To register your pearl, use the follow steps:
- Enter your IP address into the web browser
- Enter your information
- Look for confirmation email
- Confirm your account
How to Update The Firmware:
Follow these steps to update your Epiphan Pearl:
- Make sure to complete your registration
- Click "check for update" in the prompt, as shown below
- Follow the instructions to complete the upgrade
- You may have to wait a few minutes after registering for the firmware update to be available to install
- You must have firmware 4.10 or later to use Epiphan Cloud
How to Sign up for Epiphan Cloud:
Follow these steps to sign up for Epiphan Cloud.
- Make sure you're on the latest firmware
- epiphan.com -> products -> Cloud -> sign up
- Create an account
- Check your email and confirm your account
How to Pair your Pearl with Epiphan Cloud:
Pairing your Pearl System with Epiphan Cloud is incredibly easy and takes only a few seconds. Follow these steps:
- Click on Pair Device in Epiphan Cloud
- On Pearl GUI page side bar, go to Configuration -> Info
Name your device under Device Info
Tech Tip: Give it an actual name, not it's serial number
- Copy and paste the name to the Cloudpage
- Copy and paste the pairing code to theCloud page
- Copy and paste the name to the Cloud page
- Copy and paste the pairing code to the Cloud page
Tech Tips for Setting up Epiphan Cloud:
- Tech Tip #1 – Pearl Nano, Pearl Mini, and Pearl-2 all have the same processes to register, sign up for Cloud, and pair devices as each other
- Tech Tip #2 – A dedicated IP address works best
Layouts with Epiphan GUI:
Remember, there's still a tremendous amount users can do with Epiphan's free user interface, including building a custom layout with graphics, lower thirds, picture-in-picture and more.
View your Inputs with Epiphan Cloud
Epiphan Cloud allows users to view every input feeding into your Pearl System, from anywhere. These inputs can be opened and viewed easily, with all of the relevant info.
Channels with Epiphan Cloud
In the same way users can view inputs, they can also view channels on their Pearl. They can also record channels or bring them live from anywhere.
Live Dashboard with Epiphan Cloud
Epiphan's live dashboard can also be used to view every custom layout or input being fed into your Pearl, and monitor it in real time. Check out our dashboard, below.
Make Teams with Epiphan Cloud
Epiphan Cloud can also be used to bring in remote team members and hand them access to any Pearl System that is paired with your cloud account. Check out this directory for adding team members to Epiphan Cloud:
Recording in Epiphan GUI or with Cloud – Tech Tips!
- Tech Tip #1 – Pearl Mini and Nano can take an SD card for extra storage. We recommend a Class 10 card with at least 128GB
- Tech Tip #2 – You can set a time limit for recording, so it will create a new file once it hits the limit. This is great in case your recording gets interrupted, you won't lose your whole session