Videoguys is proud to announce that we are a Gold Sponsor of the NewMediaWebinars.com FREE Live Webinar
Which Mac should I buy? How much RAM do I need? What about storage? Displays? Add ons? These and related questions arise every day on the on-line forums as well as from a long line of advice seekers.
The answer, of course, is it depends. It depends upon the material you intend to edit, the format of your deliverables, and your price/performance expectations. It depends upon your choice of NLE, on whether your expectations are to build a system for editing, vfx, compositing, color correction, audio mixing, file compression or a combination of these.
In this webinar we will discuss specific hardware and to some degree software options to build a system for Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer and Adobe CS5. While storage options are common to all three platforms, we will be "building" a system specific to the unique demands and feature sets of each.
It will be a no-holds-barred assessment of capture cards, monitors, storage systems and recommended software/hardware add-ons based upon personal review and experience as well as the "talk on the street" from knowledgeable and respected users. You'll learn the good, the bad and the ugly of building your perfect edit room.
- MacBook Pro, iMac or MacPro?
- Demystifying storage options.
- Getting a clear picture, with reference monitors, displays and video cards.
- CYA: Backup and archiving solutions.
- Building the Avid Media Composer system.
- Building the Final Cut Pro system.
- Building the Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 system.
PRESENTER Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is an independent producer, trainer and technology consultant with over 25 years of experience. He began producing public service announcements and television in the mid-80's.
When Apple introduced Final Cut Pro, he was one of the founding members of the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro User Group.
He is also a Contributing Editor for DV and Videography Magazine as well as a moderator of the 2-pop web site. His writings also appear in a number of other publications and on-line destinations.
HOST Marcelo Lewin
Marcelo Lewin is the CEO and founder of NewMediaWebinars.com, which creates webinars for and by digital media creators. Previously, he founded and was the CEO of Pixel Heads Network, a company that produced audio and video podcast shows focused on digital media creators. Pixel Heads Network was acquired by ProMAX Systems in 2008. In 1999, he created My Internet Desktop, an "OS on the web" company, way ahead of its time, it was acquired by Internet Appliance Network in 2000.
He is also the host of The Digital Scene, a web show where he interviews digital media creators and industry insiders in various expos, meet-ups and events.
He is a huge believer of new media and social networks and understands that the future belongs to those that harness its power.
Having also worked for a variety of companies, from Walt Disney Imagineering to NBC to Toyota, he is always on the forefront of interactive media, digital filmmaking and new media projects.
GIVEAWAYS & PRIZES
- One lucky attendee will win an AJA IO Express - the perfect Mac or PC interface for anyone who needs an inexpensive monitoring and mastering solution when working with Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), XDCAM HD, DVCPRO HD, and more. Portable and simple to use, Io Express is ideal for file based workflows. (Retail Price $995)
- One lucky attendee will win a copy of Boris Continuum 3D Objects, which includes Extruded Text, Extruded EPS, Type-On Text, Extruded Spline and Layer Deformer.
(Prize Value $399)
- One lucky attendee will win a G-Tech G-RAID 2TB hard drive from Videoguys.com. G-RAID is designed specifically for professional content creation applications like Final Cut Studio, Adobe CS5, Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas, and more. (Retail Price $329)
Sign up now for the FREE Webinar: Building The Edit Room: Mac Edition
"Tips and tricks on building YOUR perfect Mac editing system."