NETGEAR AV Pro switches are Videoguys' choice for NDI based productions. Videoguys has selected three switches from the M4250 AV line of switches to function as the backbone of NDI productions of different sizes.
On this week's Videoguys Live webinar, we're taking a look at these three switches, NDI, and how it all works together.
Check out the webinar, below.
Videoguys and NDI
- If you are building an NDI Production System then you need the proper infrastructure to support it.
- Videoguys.com is your source for the NDI production systems including the TriCaster Mini 4K from NewTek, PTZ Cameras from NewTek, PTZOptics, BirdDog, Epiphan & Panasonic and now the Pro AV Switches from Netgear
What is NDI?
NDI, or Network Device Interface, is a technology developed by NewTek to enable communication and delivery of high definition, low latency video over a network
NDI 5: The fifth generation of NDI represents a quantum leap for the world’s most used production video IP standard.
NDI 5 allows you to move audio and video between devices, anywhere in the world.
How Do NETGEAR Switches Support NDI?
NETGEAR Adds Unique NDI® Profile to M4250 AV Line of Switches
- Engineered for 1G AV over IP and designed for clean integration in a rack, under a table, or behind a display
- Include a unique NDI® profile already configured for you
- Models with PoE+ and Ultra 90 PoE++ allow powering of cameras, endpoints, and more.
- Built with NETGEAR IGMP Plus™, Auto-LAG, and Auto-Trunk for true out-of-the-box functionality – even with multiple switches.
NDI with these NETGEAR Switches will be at Home in These Workflows:
- House of Worship
- Sports Production
- Corporate AV
Three Models Available at Videoguys:
- 8x1G PoE+
- TPD 240W
- 8x1G Ultra90 PoE++ 802.3bt
- TPD 720W
Call us at 800-323-2325 for pricing & setup info.
AV Line M4250-10G2F-PoE+ (GSM4212P)
The first model is the perfect network switch for anyone creating an NDI Workflow
AV Line M4250-10G2XF-PoE+ (GSM4212PX)
The second switch is great for workflows with multiple NDI sources, or full NDI sources.
AV Line M4250-10G2XF-PoE++ (GSM4212UX)
The Third Model is Perfect for High End PoE++ Cameras with Special Power Needs
Terms to Learn:
PoE Power over Ethernet:
- PoE 15.4 Watts
- PoE+ 30 Watts
- PoE++ (Ultra) 60 -100 Watts depending on version (Type 3 and Type 4)
Total Power Delivery:
The Maximum amount of Power a switch can deliver
- a PoE+ switch with 60 Watts TPD can only power 2 PoE+ cameras no matter how many ports it has
SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable Transceiver):
- Commonly used for Optical Network Connection, but can be Copper
- Allows for Port Flexibility
- SFP Operates @ 1Gbps
- SFP+ Operates @ 10 Gbps