It's that time of the year again - our look at the best video products Videomaker has tested in 2010. We've seen a lot of great gear enter the VM testing labs, which has made it seriously challenging to decide the best of the best. We've tested all types of cool gadgets and gizmos for the first time video producers and professionals alike.
In order to qualify for consideration for Videomaker's best product of the year, the product needs to be put through the paces with our Videomaker editors within the targeted year. Some products may come out after this report goes to press, and we might not acquire other products in time to review or compare.
We recently got out the virtual boxing gloves, fought for our opinions among the Videomaker editorial staff, and came up with this year's winners. So let's jump into Videomaker's 2010 best products of the year, shall we?
Side Bar: Best Products Award Criterion
For a product to qualify for an award, it must have passed through Videomaker headquarters in 2010, for examination by our editors. From there, we judged products based on the following seven criteria:
- Empowerment: How effective the product is at helping videographers be more effective at video production.
- Ease of Operation: How user-friendly it is.
- Affordability: The product must provide a good value for the price.
- Quality: It must be put together well, durable and show excellence in its category.
- Innovation: It should have some inventive or original features.
- Dependability: It needs to be able to endure the rigors of active video production.
- Performance: It must work consistently and effectively.