- What's Included
- Demo Videos
Colossus 2 is an internal video recorder which plugs into PCI Express x1 or x16 slots. It contains the same studio quality video encoder which is used in the HD PVR 2, and can record both HDMI and Component video at up to 1080p30, with support for 1080p60 passthrough.
Like the HD PVR 2, Colossus 2 also has built-in hardware support for H.264 Variable (VBR) and Constant bit rate (CBR) encoding, video downscaling, and a logo inserter for putting 'bugs' or logos on your recordings or video streams.
Colossus 2 uses a high quality Analog Devices video front end, and a Magnum studio quality video encoder. The Magnum encoder supports data rates are from .2Mbits/second to 13.5 Mbits/sec CBR, with VBR datarates running to about 21 Mbits/sec.
Colossus 2 runs under Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and Windows XP.
Record your favorite TV programs from HD cable TV and satellite set top boxes. Colossus 2 connects to most HD cable TV and satellite TV receivers with component video and optical digital audio. Stereo audio inputs are supported, too. Some cable TV and satellite boxes allow recording from HDMI (non HDCP encrypted HDMI).
Includes Hauppauge's WinTV v7 TV application for automatic recording of TV programs from cable or satellite set top boxes
If you have an un-encrypted HDMI video source, such as a digital SLR, you can record directly from this source.
Includes IR blaster cable. Colossus 2 can automatically change the channel on your set top box.
Specifications and System Requirements
Hardware encoder specification
- Magnum H.264 video encoder
- AC-3 recording from AC-3 source
- Recording datarate: from 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec VBR or CBR (maximum rate using VBR: aprroximately 21 Mbits/sec)
- Recording formats
- 1080p60p (recorded as 1080p30)
- 1080p50p (recorded as 1080p25)
- NTSC or PAL video formats supported
- Laptop or desktop PC with 3.0 GHz single core or 2.0 GHz multi-core processor
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8, 7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit), or Windows XP Service Pack 3
- TV set with HDMI input (optional)
- 1 GB memory recommended
- Graphics card with 256 MB memory
- Sound card
- 220 MB free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive (for software installation)
Bundled software applications
- Hauppauge Capture for video recording, trim and streaming with Hauppauge's StreamEez application
- Hauppauge WinTV v7 application, with support for the Hauppauge IR blaster
Input and outputs
- HDMI input (Note: for use with un-encrypted HDMI video sources)
- A/V cable input adapter with:
- Component video input
- Left/ Right RCA audio input
- Optical audio input
- IR receiver/blaster connector (IR blaster cable supplied)