- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
High performance TV tuner for North America. New model! WinTV-HVR-1955 with improved digital TV reception!
Watch and record live free over-the-air ATSC HDTV or clear QAM or analog cable TV on your PC
Record your favorite TV shows to your computer in the original HD quality
Includes set of audio/video inputs for recording video from set top boxes, VCRs and camcorders
Includes high performance hardware MPEG-2 encoder for analog TV and video
Includes remote control and IR Blaster
TV Standards supported
- NTSC Analog Cable, Over the Air TV
- ATSC Digital Over the Air HDTV
- Clear QAM Digital Cable TV
- Watch, pause and record TV on your PC or laptop, in window or full screen
- Watch ATSC HD digital TV, up to 1080i format
- Watch clear QAM digital cable TV up to 1080i format
- NTSC analog cable TV, 125 channel cable-ready tuner
- Record ATSC digital TV or clear QAM digital cable TV in the original digital quality
- FM radio receiver built-in with radio support in WinTV v8
- Schedule TV recordings with WinTV-Scheduler software
- Record analog cable TV with the on-board MPEG-2 encoder, which allows your PC to run at full speed while recording
- IR Blaster to control satellite and cable TV set top boxes
- Complete built-in audio/video inputs for connecting to VCRs and camcorders
Supports the following TV formats: NTSC Analog TV, ATSC Digital TV and Clear QAM Digital Cable TV:
- NTSC is the analog cable TV standard for North America.
- ATSC is the over-the-air digital HDTV standard for North America and typically requires an antenna for reception.
- Clear QAM digital cable allows users to watch unencrypted HDTV stations from their cable TV provider without a set-top box.
- Analog TV recordings typically consume 1.5GB of disk space per hour. High Definition TV recordings typically consume 5GB of disk space per hour.
- Clear QAM digital cable TV channels are not available on all cable networks. For more information, contact your cable TV provider.
- To watch clear QAM channels, you should use either the Hauppauge WinTV v7 or v8 application or Windows Media Center from Windows 7.
- For analog cable TV reception, you need an analog cable TV connection. If you have a digital cable set-top box or a satellite box, the WinTV-HVR-1955 can connect via either Composite or S-Video inputs. Channel changing will be done using the IR Blaster.
- For ATSC over-the-air digital TV reception, a high-gain antenna is recommended. To check the ATSC TV broadcasts in your area, go to TitanTV.com and enter your postal code. Note: depending on the strength of your antenna, you might not be able to receive all broadcasts listed at TitanTV.
- To use the WinTV-HVR-1955 for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft’s website for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only. Note: the enclosed remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace the Media Center remote control.
- ATSC TV recordings are not 100% compatible with DVD, and therefore you cannot burn them directly to a DVD.
- For use with Windows 8, 1 and Vista, the WinTV-HVR-1950 can be used with Microsoft’s Media Center application. Not all included applications on the enclosed installation CD are currently certified for use with Windows Vista.
- Single tuner with the following broadcast formats supported: NTSC analog TV, with built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder
- ATSC over-the-air digital TV, at video resolutions to 1080i
- Clear QAM digital cable TV, at video resolutions to 1080i
- FM radio
- Audio/Video inputs: S-Video, composite video, Left and right audio via RCA jacks
- Hardware MPEG-2 encoder: Conexant CX23417 encoder, 2D comb filter, Datarates: 2 to 7.5 Mbits/sec
- Size: 10cm wide x 10.4 cm deep x 2.8cm high
- Power: 5V to 12V at 2 amps
- Weight: 6.5 oz
- Processor Requirements (minimum):
1.0 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent (for watching cable TV)
2.2 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent (for watching high definition ATSC or QAM digital TV)
- Windows 7 and Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit), Microsoft® Windows® XP, XP Pro or Windows XP Media Center Edition, with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista (32 bit)
WinTV-HVR-1955 is Windows Vista Premium certified* and has passed Windows 7 and 8 WHQL testing
- Available USB 2.0 port
- Graphics with 64MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card for TV audio
- Optional DVD burner for creating DVDs from your recordings
Note: High definition QAM and ATSC video is not compatible with DVD disks, and therefore cannot be recorded