- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
Matrox CompressHD is designed for professional content creators delivering H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices, who need a fast, flexible, high quality encoding workhorse. Matrox CompressHD is the first implementation of Matrox MAX technology in an amazingly affordable H.264 accelerator card. It works in systems with or without a video I/O device and extends the life of your current system investment, giving you the power you need to deliver today's premium H.264 formats faster than ever. This low profile, half-length PCIe x1 card fits into Mac Pros, Intel-based Apple Xserve systems, and PCs. Get yourself a Matrox CompressHD card and deliver your projects in a fraction of the time!
Professional accelerator card for faster than realtime H.264 HD file creation
Matrox MAX is a unique technology that implements faster than realtime H.264 encoding for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD. It uses a dedicated hardware processor to accelerate the creation of H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices. By using specialized hardware acceleration, jobs are finished with amazing speed and system resources are liberated for other tasks. Quality and flexibility are ensured through direct integration with professional applications such as Apple Compressor on the Mac and Adobe Media Encoder on the PC. As an added benefit, the Matrox MAX technology allows direct export to higher-quality H.264 Blu-ray compliant files from Compressor.
With FCP 7 you can capture from tape or live sources from within the app. With FCP X you use the Matrox Vetura Capture stand-alone application to quickly and easily capture to many of the QuickTime codecs that are installed on your system such as Apple ProRes 422 HQ, XDCAM HD, and many others.
With FCP 7, the Matrox MXO2 devices provide full quality audio and video monitoring via digital and analog outputs so you don't need to rely on just a preview-quality output when making edit decisions. The Matrox MXO2 products also include the unique Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility that lets an HDMI monitor perform like a broadcast HD/SD monitor.
FCP X does not support professional video monitoring. For full-screen, preview-quality output you can use the second DisplayPort output from your computer in Full Screen Mode. The audio outputs of the MXO2 devices can be used for audio monitoring.
With FCP 7 you can print-to-tape from the timeline within the app. With FCP X you must first export your timeline to a 1080, 720, PAL, NTSC .mov file then use the Matrox Vetura Playback app to record to tape through your MXO2 device.
Lightning fast H.264 encoding
Matrox MXO2 devices with MAX give you the same accelerated H.264 encoding with Apple Compressor 4 as they did with Compressor 3.5. You can still deliver H.264 video up to 5 times faster without sacrificing quality! Matrox MAX taps into Compressor to let you quickly and easily create H.264 files for the web, mobile devices, Apple TV, and Blu-ray discs from a variety of video sources including SD, HD, and RED proxy files up to 2K.
Key features of Matrox CompressHD for the Mac
- Faster than realtime creation of H.264 files, for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD, using Matrox MAX technology
- Low profile, half-length PCIe x1 card that fits into all Mac Pros and Intel-based Apple Xserve systems
- Works in systems with or without an I/O device
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Key features of Matrox MAX technology
- Faster than realtime creation of H.264 files, for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD, at bitrates up to 50 Mbps
- A specialized, dedicated hardware processor liberates system resources for other tasks
- Accelerated encoding for Blu-ray, PS3, Apple TV, YouTube, Flash, web formats, and mobile devices including iPhone, and iPod from various video sources including 2K files
- Direct integration with Apple Compressor to simplify workflow
- Creation of Blu-ray H.264 files that can be authored in Adobe Encore CS4 or Roxio Toast 10 and burned without re-encoding
- Support for Apple Qmaster to take advantage of multiple systems with a Matrox MAX processing engine for distributed encoding across a network
The Matrox CompressHD Awards
The Black Diamond Awards recognize the best products making their debut at the NAB Show, specifically those that will appeal to DV Magazine's readership of independent video professionals.
The Best of Show Vidy Awards recognize outstanding achievement in the advancement of the art and science of video technology. The Videography Vidy Awards is the longest-running NAB awards program.
EventDV, The Authority for Event Videographers, has announced the winners of its fourth annual "Best of NAB" awards. Chosen each year by contributing editor and leading L.A.-area videographer and filmmaker Marc Franklin, the awards recognize products in four categories: cameras, production gear, and postproduction solutions.