- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
1U Rack Mountable LTO-7 with Thunderbolt 2 Connectivity
- 1U Rack Mountable LTO-7 with Thunderbolt 2 Connectivity
- 1U rack mountable enclosure with single or dual LTO-7 tape drives
- Ideal for desktop use or for mounting in standard 19” racks or DIT carts
- 6 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf-life - Significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 300MB/second data transfer rate
- Reads and writes to both LTO 6 & 7 tapes, reads LTO 5 tapes
- Compatible with industry leading backup and archiving software
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports enables daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Dual drive version enables writing to two LTO-7 drives simultaneously
- macOS and Windows compatible
- Ships complete with Fujifilm LT0-7 cartridges, Fujifilm Universal Cleaning Cartridge and Thunderbolt cable
LTO made easy. Just connect to a computer with a Thunderbolt port.
mRack LTO revolutionizes LTO, empowering users to easily connect LTO-7 technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. Dead simple. Another mLogic first.
LTO tape offers a shelf-life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid state drive technology. mRack is the ultimate archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term. And LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost effective.
Hello LTFS. Drag. Drop.
mRack LTO supports the Linear Tape File System (LTFS). With LTFS, mTape mounts just like a hard disk with drag and drop functionality.
Backup. Archive. Manage. Works with your favorite software.
mRack is compatible with industry leading LTO archiving and media management software for macOS and Windows including:
- Axle Video - Axle
- Archiware - P5
- Imagine Products - PreRoll Post
- Pomfort - Silverstack XT
- Square Box - CatDV
- StorageDNA - DNA Evolution
- XenData - XenData 6 Workstation
- YoYotta - YoYottaID LTFS
YoYottaID LTFS Archiving Software
Track assets from production to post. YoYottaID LTFS creates archives to LTO-6 tapes with mTape or mRack. YoYottaID names, formats, mounts and repairs tape archives. YoYottaID remembers the contents of every tape created so later on you can search to find the location of shots. YoYottaID LTFS also enables simultaneous archiving to two LTO-6 tapes for the ultimate in data security.
The software takes advantage of the Linear File Transfer System (LTFS) developed by IBM. LTFS mounts a tape as a volume (hard disk) within OSX. This makes it possible to write and read from the tape as if it were a disk without proprietary software or formatting. All copies are verified using MD5 checksum integrity algorithms.
|Interface||2x Thunderbolt 2 ports|
|Tape Drive(s)||Single or Dual IBM LTO-7, LTFS Compatible|
|System Requirements||Mac or Windows PC with Thunderbolt port|
For systems with Thunderbolt 3, an adapter is required:
Mac Adapter | PC Adapter
Compatible backup/archive software
|Size||19 x 16.5 x 1.75"/ 48.3 x 41.9 x 4.45 cm|
mRack LTO - 16 lb / 7.25 kg
mRack LTO Dual - 19 lb / 8.6 kg
|What's in the Box?||mRack with single or dual LTO-7 drive(s)|
Fujifilm LTO-7 tape cartridge(s)
Fujifilm Universal Cleaning cartridge
1 meter Thunderbolt cable
Extend Warranty to 3-years
What's in the Box?
- mRack with single or dual LTO-7 drive(s)
- Fujifilm LTO-7 tape cartridge(s)
- Fujifilm Universal Cleaning cartridge
- 1 meter Thunderbolt cable
- oYottaID LTFS