- What's Included
- Demo Videos
This educational edition of the NewTek TriCaster Mini HD-4sdi Bundle features the compact TriCaster Mini live production switcher along with a dedicated control surface and custom travel case. It is available to accredited educators and institutions and comes with NewTek's LiveText and Virtual Set Editor software.
The TriCaster Mini allows you to simultaneously broadcast, stream, and record live productions from virtually anywhere. The 16-channel switcher makes it easy to switch between four SDI cameras, mix audio, add graphics and titles, and add advanced effects like virtual sets and animated transitions. Using the same intuitive and fully featured control software as the rest of the TriCaster professional line, the TriCaster Mini is suited for both new users and seasoned pros. For added convenience, the HD-4i model features a built-in 7" display for viewing the Program output, Preview output, or any input source signal.
In addition to the four SDI inputs, you can choose from two live sources from supported devices on the network, including computers, USB webcams, or even wireless Apple AirPlay devices. Two SDI outputs are provided for sending the Program output with audio to external devices, with video-only HDMI and DVI outputs available for monitoring. In order to view the user interface and multi-view output, HDMI and DVI outputs are provided.
The TriCaster Mini can record up to four simultaneous video input or output signals at full resolution to the two internal 750GB storage drives, providing up to 30 hours of HD video recording. You can also record to external drives connected via USB 3.0. The TriCaster Mini supports HD live streaming with presets up to 720p available for RTMP and browser-based streaming applications. Additionally, you can save a web-ready streaming file for later upload to popular social media or video-on-demand sites.
A cable retention bracket comes included, which doubles as a handle for the TriCaster Mini. Also included are a keyboard and mouse, which provide cordless operation via wireless Bluetooth technology. The TriCaster Mini Control Surface brings manual tactile controls to your live production switching while maintaining a small footprint. It is compatible with TriCaster Mini switchers, as well as professional-line TriCaster 410 and 460 models. With an intuitive layout, backlit buttons, familiar live production controls, and compact frame, the Control Surface is suitable for mobile production even in tight spaces. The TriCaster Mini, included accessories, and Control Surface can all be stored in the included travel case, a convenient way to transport the system between locations.
The included LiveText and Virtual Set Editor software lets you build and bring in professional looking graphical elements to your productions. LiveText is a remote titling software used to build titles and graphics on any laptop or desktop computer and send it over a network to the TriCaster for use in your live productions. Virtual Set Editors lets you create custom 3D virtual sets, complete with realistic camera movements, reflective surfaces, live video layers, and even moving backgrounds.
Video & Audio
- Video Input - Plug-and-play input of up to 4 live cameras
- Network Inputs - Choose from any number of supported devices on the same network, including computers, IP sources, wireless Apple® AirPlay® devices, NewTek TalkShow, 3Play, webcams, and more
- Audio Inputs - Embedded audio from each of the 4 live video inputs, plus 1/4” jacks for a microphone and stereo audio mixer
- Video Outputs - Deliver to 4 different destinations, with 2 live video outputs and 2 video-only display ports (HDMI and DVI)
- Network Outputs - Ethernet port for HD streaming live to the Web, publishing to social media platforms, distributing content to servers and storage locations, and output to other TriCaster systems
- Audio Outputs - Embedded audio on both video outputs, plus 1/4” jacks for stereo output and headphones
- Video Resolutions - NTSC: 1080/30p, 1080/60i, 720/60p, 720/30p, 480/60i (Multi-Standard also includes: NTSC-J 1080/30p, 1080/60i, 720/60p, 720/30p, 480/60i; and PAL 1080/25p, 1080/50i, 720/50p, 720/25p, 576/25i)
- Streaming - HD live streaming with presets up to 720p, support for most common streaming profiles and custom multi-bitrate streaming profiles (including RTMP streaming and browser-based streaming applications), and auto-save of Webready stream file for video on demand (VOD) upload
- Recording - Full-resolution recording of up to 4 simultaneous video input or output signals in QuickTime®, MPEG-2, AVI or H.264 file formats
- Publishing - Upload video and images directly to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, export content to FTP servers, and copy files to storage locations
- Video Switching - 16-channel video mixer with 2 overlay channels for mixing sources and creating multi-layer compositions
- Audio Mixing - Multi-channel software audio mixer for managing camera audio plus internal and external audio sources, outputs, recorded audio, stream audio, and headphones
- Multimedia - 5 digital media players for video, graphics and sounds, plus 15 buffers for still images and titles
- Mix Effects - 4 M/E channels, each with independent switcher and key layer, for advanced video mixing, compositing, effects and virtual sets
- Transitions & FX - Built-in effects engine for transitions, animation stores, and real-time 3D video warping, plus included Animation Store Creator for custom effects
- Virtual Sets - 30+ HD live virtual sets with multiple camera angles, shot presets, realistic virtual camera movements, and real-time reflections, plus support for custom holographic virtual sets
- Macros - Record your favorite go-to settings, commands, or operation sequences, then create custom one-step shortcuts to simplify or automate control
- Size - 4.6 x 9.2 x 7.9 in (11.7 x 23.4 x 20.1 cm)
- Weight - 9 lbs (4.1 kg)
- Case Displa- y - 7.0 in (17.8 cm) LCD screen for output display
- Monitoring DVI and HDMI monitor outputs to display user interface and multiview preview, with selectable layouts and customizable video windows
- Storage - 2 x 750GB internal drives accommodating a total of ~30 hours of HD video (varies by resolution and format; capacity expandable using external supported storage)
- Optional Hardware Control Surface - Professional, studio-style workflow for live video productions of any size
This Bundle Includes:
- TriCaster Mini HD-4sdi Production Solution with Intergrated Display and 2 Internal Drives
- NewTek TriCaster Mini Control Surface
- Custom Rugged Travel Case