Atomos ninja v+
The world’s first
8K RAW HDR monitor recorder
Free Shipping for Orders IN THE USA
The world’s first
8K RAW HDR monitor recorder
The Ninja V+ is the next stage in the evolution of the multi-award winning Atomos Ninja, delivering up to 8Kp30 and 4Kp120 continuous recording in Apple ProRes RAW while inheriting HDR, 4Kp60 RAW and video as well as HDp120 slow motion from it’s little brother, Ninja V.
With the ability to capture in 8Kp30 & 4Kp120, the Ninja V+ allows you to stay ahead of the game & ensure that you have the flexibility to grow your system as projects demand. Future proofed quality & formats allow you to stay compatible with newly released & existing cameras, in a world where new cameras are released frequently & technology is advancing at an incredible pace.
The Ninja V+ takes advantage of the new Atomos Silicon chip, the AtomIC3, AtomOS 10 & the incredible efficiency of ProRes RAW to deliver these increased resolutions & frame rates. The new formats also integrate seamlessly into the timeline of your existing ProRes RAW or ProRes projects, without huge storage or processing overheads
8K Resolution Revolution
The number of cameras which support RAW recording over HDMI on the Ninja V+ continues to grow. ProRes RAW combines the visual & workflow benefits of RAW video with the incredible real-time performance of ProRes. This format gives filmmakers enormous latitude when adjusting the look of their images, making it ideal for HDR workflows.
Stabilise without compromise
The incredible resolution of 8K video means that even after cropping into the image as part of the stabilization process, the final shot will likely still have a resolution of 4K or even 6K. This means that it can integrate with your other 8K footage on the timeline, and still look great.
Razor sharp screenshots
High resolution screenshots from 8K full frame cameras also offer the ability to create scene plates for small scale virtual production stages or use in other content platforms.
An incredible codec arsenal
With the flexibility of providing options for RAW, visually lossless edit ready files, and proxy/sharable files, you have the ability to scale your needs for quality and file size.
Flexible. Affordable. Fast.
Affordability, accessibility and choice allows users to select recording media to meet their needs. High resolution and high frame rates require sustained media performance, which we have achieved through our ongoing developments with both codecs and data handling. The AtomX SSDmini offers a native fit and will support up to 8K30p and 4K120p.
Capture your vision
Harnessing the power of the Atomos Silicon AtomIC3, the latest in silicon chip technology, Ninja V+ is a premium Ninja that has plenty of grunt for the increased resolutions & frame rates from selected cameras, & also supports all of the cameras that are compatible with the Ninja V+.
Making multi-camera mainstream
The AtomX SYNC module brings wireless timecode, sync & control technology to the Ninja V+, & you can connect multiple AtomX SYNC enabled Ninja V+ units to create a Timecode Systems powered multi-camera sync network. Remotely trigger frame accurate record start/stop recording, monitor, battery & disk capacity information from the SYNC server configured Ninja V+.
Upgrade. Connect. Expand.
AtomX Expansion modules attach to the Expansion Slot on your Ninja V+ & provide additional connections & functionality. The extra horsepower from the Atomos Silicon AtomIC3 chip allows you to add other features when combined with upcoming AtomX modules & future Atomos products.
See the unseen
Capture & visualize the unseen with 4Kp120 recording at up to ProRes RAW from the Ninja V+ & Sony FX6/FX9 & Z CAM E2 /E2-M4 models. Fully harness the dynamic range of the sensor, capture every aspect of motion & movement directly via RAW over SDI* or HDMI. Add to this the benefit of being able to play back the high frame rate video captured on the Ninja V+ at various play back speeds to preview the adjustments you can make on your NLE timeline.
Learn more about the Atomos Ninja V+
- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
The next level
The Ninja V+ Pro Kit has been designed to bridge the gap between compact cinema and mirrorless cameras that can output RAW via HDMI or SDI. With all the power of the Ninja V+ for 8Kp30, the Pro Kit adds 4Kp120 and 2Kp240 continuous recording via SDI. The Ninja V+ takes advantage of new Atomos Silicon AtomIC3, AtomOS 10 and the incredible efficiency of ProRes RAW to deliver these increased resolutions and frame rates. The new formats also integrate seamlessly into the timeline of your existing ProRes RAW or ProRes projects, without huge storage or processing overheads.
*The FX9 requires the XDCA-FX9 Extension unit
Combined with the AtomX SDI module and some serious tuning under the hood, the Pro Kit provides the ability to record RAW over SDI from some of the best compact cinema cameras on the market. No RAW, no problem. The Ninja V+ monitor-recorder is a flexible tool that can work as a HDMI/SDI ProRes monitor-recorder.
Worry less when it comes to battery management and excess weight as the Pro Kit is designed to be powered via DTap from your camera battery or rig, and can also use a battery eliminator for studio power. Pro Kit also includes a AtomX 5” Sunhood providing increased monitoring options outdoors and reduced ambient light for when monitoring in HDR.
Powerful & versatile I/O
Adding dual 12G SDI connectivity expands the compatibility with other cameras to provide off board 10-bit 422 recording in edit ready codecs or as proxy files from RED or ARRI cameras allowing the file naming and timecode to also be applied to the recorded files. And of course, the Ninja V+ also provides support for RAW over HDMI from our ever-growing roster of mirrorless cameras including the Sony Alpha 7S III, Z CAM E2 Series, Nikon Z Series, LUMIX S Series, Olympus OM-D EM-1X, Olympus OM-D M1 MkIII and more.
The Flexibility to Suit any Production
In playback mode the Ninja V+ Pro Kit provides a lossless signal distribution with 2 x 12G SDI and 1 x HDMI 2.0 for simultaneous outputs up to 4K p60. When used in combination with the Ninja’s playlist functionality it provides a fast and convenient way to review content or show a highlight reel. RAW inputs can also be de-bayered in real time and non-standard high resolutions are processed to SMPTE standard output formats. Convert to HLG, PQ or your choice of 3D LUT can also be applied allowing for RAW or LOG content to be viewed with the correct application of artistic intent.
HDMI-to-SDI cross conversion
Adding the SDI module to the Ninja V+ Platform more than doubles it’s I/O functionality. To complement the inputs, HDMI or SDI connections can be cross converted, DCI cropped and 4k to HD down converts for video signals to provide a bridge between equipment such as EVFs, wireless TX/RX without the need for additional convertors.
The ProRes RAW Advantage
ProRes RAW is now firmly established as the new standard for RAW video capture, with an ever-growing number of supported HDMI and SDI cameras. ProRes RAW combines the visual and workflow benefits of RAW video with the incredible real-time performance of ProRes.
The format gives filmmakers enormous latitude when adjusting the look of their images and extending brightness and shadow detail, making it ideal for HDR workflows. Both ProRes RAW, and the higher bandwidth, less compressed ProRes RAW HQ are supported.
Manageable file sizes speed up and simplify file transfer, media management, and archiving. ProRes RAW is fully supported in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer 2020.10 update, along with a collection of other apps including ASSIMILATE SCRATCH, Colorfront, FilmLight Baselight and Grass Valley Edius.
The Pro Kit offers 3 ways to power your Ninja V+
- In the Studio you can use the included DC power supply with lockable jack to connect to the Ninja V+ and with the international power plugs you’ll be covered wherever your work might take you.
- On-set via the included DTap cable to connect to your choice of battery with a DTap output meaning your camera rig can run from a single power source.
- On the move with a compact rig you also have the choice to run the Ninja directly from an optional NPF battery or any 4 cell NPF you might have in your kit bag.
- Ambient operating temperature: Up to 40 Degrees Celsius
Construction and Control
- Body: Aluminium with ABS plastic
- Cooling: Actively controlled fan and Heat Sink
- Tally light: Rear and front
- Multi-function button: Power / lock Screen
- AtomXpansion slot: Yes
- Input voltage: 6.2V to 16.8V
- Operating power: 5.8-7.2v
- Compatible batteries: NPF L series
- Built in battery: No
- Battery Run time (Record): 5200mAh - up to 2hrs (monitor & record 4K 60p)
- Continuous power: Via Optional AtomX SYNC Module
- DC in connector: Via DC Jack on Battery eliminator
- Dtap: Via Battery Eliminator and optional DTap to DC cable
- Touchscreen: SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch)
- Size: 5.2"
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- PPI: 427
- Bit depth: 10Bit (8+2 FRC)
- Backlight Type: Edge lit
- Brightness (cdm2 / nits): 1000 +/- 10%
- Aspect ratio: 16 : 9
- De-interlace mode: I > P and PSF > P
- Color Gamut: Rec.709
- Calibration support: Atomos Calibrator with Xrite i1 Display Pro / Plus (Retail)
- Gamma: Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3, Canon CLog / CLog2 / Clog3, Arri Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320 / LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 / LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600, Panasonic Vlog, JVC JLog1, Red LogFilm / Log3G10 / Log3G12, FujiFilm Flog, PQ (HDR10), HLG, Nikon N-Log, Olympus OM Log, Lecia L Log
- Gamut: Bt2020, DCI P3, PDCI p3 65 Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / BT2020 Panasonic V Gamut Arri Alexa Wide Gamut Rec709 JVC LS300 Red DragonColor / DragonColor2 / RedColor2 / RedColor3 / RedColor4 / RedWideGamut
- 3D LUT Display: .Cube Format
- 3D LUT Down Stream: Loop out
- 3DLUT 50/50: Yes
- Monitoring Modes: Native / HLG / PQ / 3D LUT
- HDR output Conversion: Log / HDR to HLG / PQ / Dolby Vision
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI (2.0) 4k p60
- HDMI RAW: Apples ProRes RAW up to 8k
- SDI: Optional via AtomX SDI module
- SDI RAW: Optional Activation Key required
- Bit Depth: 8/10Bit Video / RAW up to 12Bit
- Video Chroma Subsampling: 420 and 422
- HDCP copy protection: Not supported
- HDMI: RAW - white balance, Exposure index, Shutter speed/angle, Iris F stop, ISO, Gamma, gamut
- SDI: Optional via AtomX SDI module
- HDMIL: 1 x HDMI (2.0) 4k p60
- SDI loop out: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- SDI Play out: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- Video Chroma Subsampling: 422
- Bit Depth: 10Bit Video
- USB UVC: Optional Via Connect 4k
Video Signal Conversion
- HDMI to SDI: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- SDI to HDMI: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- Audio Quality: 24/48kHz
- Audio Codec: PCM
- HDMI: 8ch 24Bit, input dependent
- SDI: 12ch 24Bit, input dependent
- Analogue Audio in: 3.5mm 2ch.
- Analogue Audio Out: 3.5mm 2ch.
- Headphone out: 3.5mm 2ch.
Timecode / Sync
- Embedded: HDMI
- Time of day: Yes, Time and Date
- LTC: via 3.5mm audio Jack input (Requires post processing)
- Wireless SYNC: Via Optional AtomX SYNC Module
Resolution and Frame Rates (Record, Monitor & Playback)
- 8k: RAW Only up to 30p via HDMI
- 6k: RAW Only up to 30p via HDMI
- 5k: RAW Only up to 30p via HDMI
- 4k DCI: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60p - HFR 100/120 via RAW over HDMI & SDI on selected cameras
- 4k UHD: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60p
- 2K DCI 2046 x 1080: Optional via AtomX SDI module
- Anamorphic: 3.5k: RAW up to 60p (from supported cameras only)
- FHD 1920 x 1080 Progressive: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60/100/120p
- FHD 1920 x 1080 PsF: converted to P and looped out PsF
- FHD 1920 x 1080 Interlaced: 50/59.94/60i
- 1280 x 720p: 50/59.94/60p
- Apple ProRes RAW: ProRes RAW, HQ (Free activation key via visit my.Atomos.com)
- Apple ProRes: LT, 422, 422HQ
- Avid DNxHD: DNxHD 220x,220,145,36 (Free activation key via visit my.Atomos.com)
- Avid DNxHR: LB, SQ, HQ, HQX. (Free activation key via visit my.Atomos.com)
- H.265: LQ,MQ,HQ in 8/10Bit, 422 and 420 Free activation key via visit my.Atomos.com)
- Playlist: Yes, Create customer play lists from full or sub clips
- Loop: Yes, with user customisable in / out markers
- Apple ProRes Raw: Yes, recorded clips
- Apple ProRes: Yes, with Linear PCM audio
- Avid DNx: Yes, with Linear PCM audio
- H.265: Yes, recorded clips
- Pre-roll record: Yes (HD 8s, 4K 2s) - Not available in RAW
- Timelapse: Yes
- Master Caddy I: Not compatible
- SSDmini: Native Size and Fit
- CFast II: Via Supported cards via optional SSDmini CFAST II Adaptor
- File Naming: Unit Name - Scene/Shot/Take
- File System: ExFAT
On screen tools
- Waveform: Yes, 3 size / Position
- RGB parade: Yes, 3 size / Position
- Vector scope: Yes, 2 size / Position
- 1 x Zoom:Yes. 1:1 Pixel mapping for 4k
- 2 x Zoom:Yes
- Focus peaking: Colour selected / threshold setting / colour
- False colour: Yes, with Scale
- Zebra: Yes, Adjustable
- Isolate color channel: Blue Only
- Cine Frame Guides: 2.4:1, 2.35:1, 1.9:1, 1.85:1, 4:3
- Social Frame guides: 9:16, 1:1, 191:1, 4:5
- Safe areasAction and Graphic
- Grid markers: 9 grid
- Anamorphic desqueeze: 1.25x 1.33x , 1.5x ,1.8x ,2x
- Display Flip: Vertical Only
Onboard Signal Processing
- Pulldown Removal: 24/25/30pSF > 24/25/30p (2:2 pulldown)
- 4K UHD Downscale for HD: Loop out - 4K UHD to FHD
- DCI Crop: Loop out - 17:9 to 16:9 Crop
- HDMI: Auto HDMI Trigger, Supported Protocols - Canon, Sony
- SDI: SDI trigger camera selectable
- Serial 2.5mm Jack: LANC control and calibration via optional USB to serial cable
- Bluetooth LE: Via optional AtomX SYNC module
- Wireless RF: Via optional AtomX SYNC module
External Device Control
- Serial 2.5mm Jack: Camera control for supported cameras via Optional USB to Serial Cable
- Bluetooth LE: Via optional AtomX SYNC module to compatible devices
- Wireless RF: Via optional AtomX SYNC module to compatible devices
XML: Cut tag EDL in FCPX XML
Apple ProRes RAW: Apple FCPX, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Avid Media Composer, GrassValley Edius, Assimilate Scratch, Baselight Film Light.
Video Codecs: All Applications with support for Apple ProRes and Avid DNX in .MOV wrapper
Standard: 1 year. Extended to 3 years on product registration
- Ninja V+ unit (RAW over SDI Pre-Activated)
- H.265 (HEVC) codec Pre-Activated
- AtomX SDI module
- EVA Carry Case
- 5″ Slip Case
- Battery Eliminator
- International DC Power Supply
- 1 x Master Caddy II
- 1 x DTap Cable
- 1 x AtomX 5″ Sunhood
- Quick Start Guide