- What's Included
- Demo Videos
- The latest version of PureRead 4+ and RealTime PureRead
- Up to 6x writing on M-DISC(BD) SL and M-DISC(DVD)
- High-quality front design
- Windows® 11 Compatible
- Up to 16x1 maximum write speed on BD-R media
- Windows Software, CyberLink® Media Suite 10 is included (available for download free of charge)
BDR-S13UBK has achieved further evolution of fundamental performance in addition to improving writing speed and accuracy, improving dust resistance and quiet performance by maximizing Pioneer's BD drive technology and know-how. This is the culmination of years of refinements in ease of use, reliability and stability for the long-loved Pioneer BD Drive. BDR-S13UBK also has performance features such as the Custom Eco function available through the Pioneer BDR-S13UBK Drive Utility. Custom Eco helps reduce the device's power consumption. Pioneer's excellence in optical disc technology delivers quiet operation, high reliability and superior quality. As to software, CyberLink Media Suite 10 for Windows OS is available for download free of charge.
The latest version of PureRead 4+ featuring unique algorithms
When read errors caused by scratches or fingerprints occur when importing (ripping) audio CDs, using this function allows for automatic detection of the disc state, adjustment of the read method using an original algorithm, and then re-reading of the disc. This minimizes error data interpolation.
Compatible with high-speed M-DISC writing for long-term data archiving
This product is compatible with M-DISC optical media for archiving, developed by US-based Millenniata Inc. It now also supports 6x writing on M-DISC (BD) SL and M-DISC (DVD).
High-quality front design
The simple design of smoked acrylic with a hairline finish from which blue light seems to emerge is accented with metallic lines, for an appearance that projects superior quality.
Unique honeycomb construction and cooling structure
This product features a unique honeycomb structure that increases the rigidity of the housing and minimizes unnecessary vibration. It also commutes airflow generated within the housing by the rotation of the disc, circulating it effectively to alleviate the temperature increase in the pickup and disc surface that occurs when the disc is rotated for extended periods or at high speed.
Custom Eco function helps reduce the drive's power consumption
If the drive does not receive any commands (instructions for operation) from the PC for a specified period, this function will reduce the drive’s power consumption, such as by stopping the disc from rotating or reducing the disc rotation speed. Shortening this specified period will make the drive enter the power saving mode earlier.
6x1 BD-R Writing and BDXL™ Support
Up to 16x1 writing on BD-R SL discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs, and 8x writing on BD-R TL discs and BDXL support （BD-R XL：Triple Layer 100GB、BD-R XL：Quadruple Layer 128GB、BD-RE XL：Triple Layer 100GB).
Equipped with Pioneer’s Optimal Write Strategy Prediction Algorithm, which provides stable writing even on discs without write strategy
The drive automatically predicts the optimal write strategy even on discs without write strategy, which is then used for writing. The function provides stable writing.
Easy Setting function with Drive Utility
Equipped with an Easy Setting function to allow you to set one of four modes according to the intended use.
- Entertainment Mode is suitable for enjoying movies and music. It enhances quietness and makes the tray open quietly when playing back BD/DVD or music CDs.
- High-performance Mode, which emphasizes reading and writing speed
- Quality Mode, which emphasizes reading and writing quality
- Eco Mode, which reduces maximum power consumption
Peak Power Reducer
This power saving mode enables the drive to suppress power consumption at peak operation. It keeps stable operation in case of drop in power supply.
Disc Resonance Stabilizer improves writing accuracy
Disc Resonance Stabilizer utilizes airflow from disc rotation to reduce disc vibration and increase writing accuracy. High speed disc rotation causes disc warping due to resonant vibration. This results in unstable writing quality, especially in the outer areas. The Disc Resonance Stabilizer, designed projection on the top chassis, reduces such errors. By narrowing the interspace between the disc and the top panel, the air flow caused by the high rotation presses and prevents the disc from warping, thereby reducing reading and writing errors. With this feature, stable operation is maintained by handling the three patterns of disc resonant vibration that occur during operation.
High-performance sound dampening, dust resisting, and heat dissipating mechanisms
This product is built with Pioneer’s own honeycomb pattern, used in audio component products and the silence tray. Noise is reduced by controlling the air currents created by the spinning disc. This also controls local temperature rises in the pick-up and disc surface that occur during high-speed or extended disc rotation.
Improved belt for more stable tray loading operation
The belt used for the tray loading part has been improved to reduce the effect of dust and dirt on the tray loading operation. In our test, resistance to the impact of dust and dirt on tray loading is about 1.8 times that of the previous model.
Ultra HD Blu-ray compatible, with playback software included
Ultra HD Blu-ray offers 4K resolution as well as richer color tones, for more realistic images.
*Playback of Ultra HD Blu-ray requires a CPU that supports Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology. Intel SGX has been removed from Intel 11th generation and newer CPUs, and support for SGX may be removed on new versions of Intel drivers or utility programs such as Intel SGX and Intel Management Engine drivers and firmware in the future. Such changes could cause these platforms to lose support for Ultra HD Blu-ray movie disc playback.
For information on other PC environment requirements, download the Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor Tool to your PC, and check. https://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/ibs/eula.php
Ultra HD Blu-ray compatible: Yes
M-DISC compatible: Yes
PureRead 4＋: Yes
Custom Eco function: Yes
Display disc information: Yes
Easy Setting: Yes
Dust-resisting and sound-dampening front bezel: Yes
Honeycomb structure: Yes
Pioneer BD Drive Utility: Yes
Dust-resisting and sound-dampening mechanism: Yes
PEAK POWER REDUCER: Yes
BDXL compatible: Yes
Optimum Writing Speed Feature: Yes *This function emphasizes writing accuracy by automatically selecting the optimum writing speed for various BD-R media
Optimal Write Strategy Prediction Algorithm: Yes
Disc Record Surface Quality Mode: Yes *This mode reduces the apparent color unevenness of the disc after writing
DVD-R CLV fixed writing mode: Yes *When writing a DVD-R, the writing method is fixed to CLV. This mode reduces the apparent color unevenness of the disc while maintaining the writing accuracy
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY
- Windows®11, Windows 10
- 7th generation Intel Core® i7/i5 processor for Desktop PC (Kaby Lake-S), 7th generation Intel Core i7/i5 processor for Notebook PC (Kaby Lake-H) *U processor is incompatible
- Intel® HD Graphics 630 (Internal GPU for 7th generation processor)
- 6GB minimum
- HDMI 2.0a and HDCP² 2.2 compatible, 4K display (3840 x 2160 minimum display resolution), HDR compatible (Incompatible display reproduces HDR contents with HDR>SDR format.)
- Intel SGX(Software Guard Extensions) support Intel 200 series motherboard, HDCP² 2.2/HDMI 2.0a output compatible, Intel internal GPU output compatible
- Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1
- Intel Core Duo T2700/Core 2Duo E6300, AMD® Athlon 64 X2 3800 or faster
- Intel G45, NVIDIA® GeForce® 7600GT, ATI Radeon® X1600 or faster
- HDCP² compliant display required for Blu-ray playback, 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution
- 1GB required for Blu-ray playback and editing HD video
- 5GB minimum, 50 GB recommended
- BD-R、BD-R DL、BD-R TL、BD-R QL、BD-RE、BD-RE DL、BD-RE TL、BD-R LTH、M-DISC（BD）SL、M-DISC（BD）DL、M-DISC（BD）TL
- DVD-R³ DVD-R DL、DVD-RW、DVD+R、DVD+R DL、DVD+RW、HighSpeed DVD＋RW、DVD-RAM⁴、M-DISC（DVD）
- CD-R、UltraSpeed+CD-RW、UltraSpeed CD-RW、HighSpeed CD-RW、CD-RW
- Ultra HD Blu-ray（BD-ROM DL、BD-ROM TL）、BD-ROM、BD-ROM DL、BD-R、BD-R DL、BD-R TL、BD-R QL、BD-RE、BD-RE DL、BD-RE TL、BD-R LTH、 M-DISC（BD）SL、M-DISC（BD）DL、M-DISC（BD）TL
- DVD-ROM、DVD-ROM DL、DVD-Video、DVD-R、DVD-R DL、DVD-RW、DVD+R、DVD+R DL、DVD+RW、DVD-RAM⁴、M-DISC（DVD）
- CD-ROM、CD-ROM XA、Photo CD、Video CD、CD-DA⁵、CD-Extra、CD-Text、CD-R、CD-RW
- Serial ATA Revision 3.0 1.5Gbps
MAXIMUM WRITE SPEED (BD)
- 4 MB
- Horizontal or Vertical⁷
- 148 mm(W)×42.3 mm(H)×181 mm(D) / 5-13/16 in.(W)×1-21/32 in.(H)×7-1/8 in.(D)
- 0.74 kg (1.63 lb)
Owner's manual (including application product key and warranty information)