Available Now! Media Composer and Media Composer | First 8.9
Media Composer 8.9 was released on Thursday, August 3rd at 3:00 PM EDT. This update was made available from Avid Master Accounts, Application Manager, and the Avid Download Center (login and password required). Media Composer | First 8.9 was also released at the same time, and is available from Avid Master Accounts and Application Manager.
Media Composer 8.9 includes a number of new features, including:
- Audio Slip: Users can now perform a sub-frame (sample) slip on audio sources, including file-based media
- Narrow Audio Mixer: The Narrow Mixer mode reduces the size (width) of the Audio Mixer by 35-45%, saving screen real estate while still enabling full functionality.
- Automatically Launch Effect Editor: A new Timeline setting allows users to set the Effect Editor to automatically open when an effect is applied.
- Color Correction Updates: Color Correction mode has been updated to support Pre-roll and Post-roll playback during preview, Dual Split mode remaining active during playback, and real-time updates of scopes.
- Support for Sony XAVC-L 1080p: Media Composer now supports Sony XAVC-Long G 1080p/50 50mb media.
- Support for High-Res Monitors: Icons, text, and windows now scale and display properly when on a high-res (200%) monitor.
- UI and UX Updates from Media Composer | First: Media Composer now includes some features from First, including the ability to expand and collapse the Source Browser, support for larger Thumbnails in the Source Browser, display Source/Record highlight colors, and Position Bar Snap, which snaps the position bar to the nearest edit point when clicking in the Timeline.
Media Composer 8.9 includes a number of bug fixes as well, including:
- When your locale was set to German, Spanish, or Italian, a number of Media Composer dialog boxes displayed cut off text. This has been fixed. Also, a number of dialogs now include tool tips in the appropriate language.
- (Mac) When exporting EDL using “To several files,” V1 track files were not created.• (Mac) Performing a background render ignored Source Settings LUT.
- You might have corrupted output in the record monitor when you opened the Effect Editor of a rolling title.
- (Mac) The editing application would crash while opening Effect Mode of an Animated Marquee title.
- Importing two tracks increased the clip duration by 1 frame.
- Changing local clip colors did not save if that was the only change you made.
- In some instances after performing a match frame, shift clicking to select a range of clips in the bin did not select the clips.
- When an AudioSuite rendered effect was removed from the sequence, you could not close the plug-in window.
- When in the Source Browser, linking to an XAVC Long GOP volume did not work properly. This has been fixed. The latest nablet-Sony XDCAM plug-in is required for XAVC Long GOP volume support.Media Composer | First 8.9 includes a number of bug fixes as well, including:
- Media Composer | First would not install on a Chinese or Japanese OS when the installer was run from the auto-run. This has been fixed.How to obtain Media Composer 8.9
Leave a comment