Crackberry.com by David Boyd
There are numerous iPod/iPhone docks on the markets these days, but there are very few options available for BlackBerry users to wirelessly stream music from their devices. There is of course the BlackBerry Stereo Music Gateway that runs off Bluetooth, but it has limited range, about 20-30 feet from the device. For me, that distance limitation does not make the BlackBerry Stereo Music Gateway a useful accessory for me. I am constantly moving around my house, and lose connection.
The solution to this problem has come from a new company called Cignias. They have developed an advanced wireless music system that allows the user to wirelessly stream music from their BlackBerry to the NAO Symphony System via Wi-Fi. The system also allows for streaming via Bluetooth, and the old fashioned way by a direct connection via 3.5mm cord.
I first introduced you to the Cignias NAO Symphony Music System last month at CES. Let's recap with some specs of the unit:
NAO Symphony and NAO Symphony Noir Features:
- Plays music wirelessly from iPhone, iPod touch* and BlackBerry smartphones
- Wi-Fi support via direct connection or through the home network
- Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) support
- Wirelessly control docked iPod with a BlackBerry smartphone
- Full access to playlists, albums, artists, genres, etc from docked iPod
- Intuitive color LEDs for navigation
- Integrated performance equalizer
- Auxiliary input
- 50 watt speaker system
- Smartphone battery conservation
- 2 high performance 4" speakers and 2 1" tweeters