Vegas Creative Software had announced their new release of Vegas Pro 18! Now it'll be known as The Vegas Post Suite with a fantastic new partnership with FXhome!
Vegas is a powerful NLE that has a brand new update. This features epic tools for editing, visual effects, compositing, and imaging. These upgrades boast of developments with other products in the Vegas line, while having new features with Vegas Pro 18.
The new Vegas Post workflow focuses on Vegas Pro 18 which is adding tons of new features like AI driven effects, GPU-accelerated workflows, advanced motion tracking, HDR support, and a new and better color grading tool with plugins. Vegas Effects and Vegas Image are new apps as a result of their partnership with FXhome, HitFilm, and Image Pro.
Vegas Post Suite is adding newly upgraded versions of Vegas Effects and Vegas Image. This means more robust SFX, compositing, and still image editing workflows. The new features are as follows.
Our thanks to Jose Antunes (Pro Video Coalition) for providing these fantastic specs!
- New Mask Shapes: allow users to create and customize Rounded Rectangle, Polygon, and Star shaped masks;
- New Auto Stabilizer: Provides easy smoothing of motion in handheld video clips;
- New Motion Tracker: For easily attaching a timeline object to a specific element in the scene;
- Crop / Pan & Zoom Effect: Enables users to crop the contents of a clip, and animate the crop to control which area is shown.
- New Color Adjustment Effect: Allows a range of selected colors to be shifted;
- New GoPro FX Reframe Effect: For fully customizing the framing of 360º footage;
- New Text Tool: Now allows multiple customizable outlines;
- New WAV Format Export: Users now have the ability to export audio using the WAV format.
- A Completely Rebuilt Text System: Enables users to have different font styles within the same block of text. Also, new font options including text outline, subscript, superscript, margins have been added;
- New Healing Brush Effect: Enables users to quickly “heal” areas of an image using a source point and a brush;
- New Clone Stamp Effect: Enables users to clone parts of an image using a brush;
- New Dynamic Contrast Effect: Allows users to selectively apply contrast to the small, medium, and large details of an image;
- New Split Toning Effect with a Bespoke UI: Allows users to rapidly apply two colors to the highlight and shadow tones in an image;
- New Gradient Map Effect: Enables users to blend a gradient across the tones in images.
Currently Vegas Pro 17 is still readily available for users.