Atomos ninja v Pro Kit
Up to 6K RAW recording
via HDMI and SDI!
Free Shipping for Orders IN THE USA
Everything you'd expect from Ninja V
The Ninja V Pro Kit has been designed to bridge the gap between compact cinema and mirrorless cameras that can output RAW via HDMI or SDI. Pro Kit also pushes the limits of these cameras, recording up to 6K 12-bit RAW* externally on the Ninja’s onboard SSD. Pro Kit also provides the ability to cross convert signals providing a versatile solution for monitoring and playout/review.
* with compatible cameras.
The robust aluminium 5″ monitor-recorder allows for a compact rig set-up for camera owners and operators to work with all the latest cameras. Perfect for run and gun productions, documentary filmmaking and for those close-up shots that require the camera operator to be flexible or mobile.
The Ninja V’s compact 5″ 1000nit screen is designed to provide a foundation for scalability and modularity. Combined with the AtomX SDI module and some serious tuning under the hood the Pro Kit provides the ability to record RAW via SDI from some of the best compact cinema cameras on the market.
No RAW, no problem. The Ninja V monitor-recorder is a flexible tool that can work as a HDMI/SDI ProRes monitor-recorder. Worry less when it comes to battery management and excess weight as the Pro Kit is designed to be powered via DTap from your camera battery or rig. Pro Kit also includes a AtomX 5″ Sunhood providing increased monitoring options outdoors, and reduced ambient light for when monitoring in HDR.
EMPOWER YOUR CAMERA. CAPTURE YOUR VISION
Powerful & versatile I/O
Adding dual 12G SDI connectivity expands the compatibility with other cameras to provide offboard 10-bit 422 recording in edit ready codecs or as proxy files from RED or Arri cameras allowing the file naming and timecode from the camera to also be carried via SDI to the recorded files.
And of course the Ninja V also provides support for RAW over HDMI from our evergrowing roster of mirrorless cameras including the Sony Alpha 7S III, Z CAM E-2 Series, Nikon Z-Series, Lumix S Series, Olympus OM-D EM-1X, Olympus OM-D M1 MkIII and more.
The flexibility to suit any production
In playback mode the Ninja V Pro Kit provides a lossless signal distribution with 2 x 12G SDI and 1 x HDMI 2.0 for simultaneous outputs up to 4K p60. When used in combination with the Ninja’s playlist functionality it provides a fast and convenient way to review content or show a highlight reel. RAW inputs can also be de-bayered in real time and non-standard high resolutions are processed to SMPTE standard output formats. Convert to HLG, PQ or your choice of 3D LUT can also be applied allowing for RAW or LOG content to be viewed with the correct application of artistic intent.
Existing Ninja V and SDI module owners
For existing Ninja V and SDI module owners you will have the opportunity to upgrade your monitor and module with a paid upgrade of $99 to enable RAW over SDI from the selected cameras.
The Activation Key for SDI RAW and HDMI RAW to SDI Video can be be purchased via your my.atomos.com account
Accurate and reliable daylight viewable HDR or SDR
With 1000nits, high pixel density the 5” screen provides clear and accurate monitoring for HDR and SDR. Using the AtomHDR engine the Ninja V provides a managed colour pipeline, matching the camera Gamma and Gamut on the input and select to view this as 709, Log with a 3DLUT or utilise the engine to accurately map the dynamic range of your camera LOG to HLG or PQ HDR standards
Whilst other monitors might boast a brightness of over 2000nits, the perceptual benefit can be limited. Simply opting for an increased backlight with no regard for the quality of the image can defeat the point in an external monitor. The Ninja V focuses on image integrity but to increase the perceived brightness in the most difficult bright conditions or to dial out ambient light to increase the view in HDR, the Pro Kit includes the AtomX 5” Sunhood. Simply clip on the mount frame and insert the hood, even leave the frame in place to provide added protection for your monitor.
Learn more about the Atomos Ninja V Pro Kit
- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
The Ninja V Pro Kit has been designed to bridge the gap between compact cinema and mirrorless cameras that can output RAW via HDMI or SDI. Pro Kit also pushes the limits of these cameras, recording up to 12-bit RAW externally on the Ninja’s onboard SSD. Pro Kit also provides the ability to cross covert signals providing a versatile solution for monitoring and playout/review. No RAW, no problem. The Ninja V monitor-recorder is a flexible tool that can work as a HDMI/SDI ProRes monitor-recorder. Unify battery management and excess weight as the Pro Kit is designed to be powered via DTap from your camera battery or rig. Pro Kit also includes a AtomX 5” Sunhood providing increased monitoring options outdoors, and reduced ambient light for when monitoring in HDR.
The robust aluminium 5” monitor-recorder allows for a compact rig setup for camera owners and operators to work with all the latest cameras. Perfect for run and gun productions, documentary filmmaking and for those close-up shots that require the camera operator to be flexible or mobile.
The flexibility to suit every application
In playback mode the Ninja V provides a lossless signal distribution with 2 x 12G SDI and 1 x HDMI 2.0 for simultaneous outputs up to 4Kp60. When used in combination with the Ninja’s playlist functionality it provides a fast and convenient way to review content or show a highlight reel.
Accurate and reliable / daylight viewable HDR or SDR
With 1000nits, high pixel density the 5” screen provides clear and accurate monitoring for HDR and SDR. Using the AtomHDR engine the Ninja V provides a managed colour pipeline, matching the camera Gamma and Gamut on the input and select to view this as 709, Log with a 3DLUT or utilize the engine to accurately map the dynamic range of your camera LOG to HLG or PQ HDR standards.
HDMI-to-SDI cross conversion
Adding the SDI module to the Ninja V platform more than doubles it’s I/O functionality. To complement the inputs, HDMI or SDI connections can be cross converted, DCI cropped and 4k to HD down converts for video signals to provide a bridge between equipment such as EVFs, wireless TX/RX without the need for additional convertors.
- Record up to 6k RAW via both HDMI and SDI at up to 12-bit in Apple ProRes RAW. Video inputs up to 4kp60 supported via HDMI or 12G SDI to Apple ProRes or Avid DNx.
- Configurable SDI for single or dual link inputs or toggle between SDI A and B.
- Play out provides 3 simultaneous outputs via 2 x 12G SDI out and 1 x HDMI in 10-bit up to 4kp60.
- HDMI <=> SDI signal cross conversion with, RAW to Video output option.
- Connect to your DTap power source with the locking DTap cable and battery eliminator.
- AtomX 5” Sunhood provides increased monitoring options and reduced ambient. AtomHDR for Log inputs and 3D Luts.
Videoguys Part #: NINJAVPROKIT
- Weight (Monitor Only) 360g / 12.7oz
- Dimensions (Monitor Only) 151 x 91.5 x 31mm
- Mount Points 1 x Anti rotation 1/4" / 3/8 top and bottom
- Body Aluminium with ABS plastic
- Cooling Active Tally Light Record
- Tally on rear
- AtomXpansion Slot Yes
- Input voltage (battery) 6.2V to 16.8V
- Operating Power 5.8-7.2v
- Compatible Batteries NPF L series
- Battery Run Time 5200mAh - up to 2hrs (monitor & record 4K 60p) 7800mAh - up to 3hrs (monitor & record 4K 60p)
- DC In via Battery eliminator
- Touchscreen SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch)
- Size 5”
- Resolution 1920 x 1080 PPI 427
- Bit Depth 10-bit (8+2 FRC)
- Backlight Edge lit
- Aspect Ratio 16:9
- Color Gamut Rec.709
- AtomHDR Technology Log to Native / Rec709/ 3D Lut / HLG / PQ
- 3D LUT Support Diplay / Preview / Loop out
- HDR Monitoring Technology HLG and PQ
- HDR Output Conversion Log / HDR to HLG / PQ / Dolby Vision
- Gamma Sony SLog /SLog2 /SLog3, Canon CLog /CLog2 /Clog3, Arri Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 /LogCEI250 /LogCEI320 /LogCEI400 /LogCEI500 /LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 /LogCEI1000 /LogCEI1280 /LogCEI1600, Panasonic Vlog, JVC JLog1, Red LogFilm /Log3G10 /Log3G12, FujiFilm Flog, PQ (HDR10), HLG, Nikon N-Log
- Gamut BT2020, DCI P3, PDCI p3 65, Sony SGamut /SGamut3 /SGamut3.cine /Canon Cinema /DCI P3 /DCI P3+ /BT2020, Panasonic V Gamut, Arri Alexa Wide Gamut, Rec709, JVC LS300, Red DragonColor
- HDMI 1 x HDMI (2.0) 4kp60
- HDMI RAW Yes
- SDI 2 x 12G SDI Backward compatible via included AtomX SDI module
- SDI RAW Yes (NOTE: Sony FS700, FS5, FS7 NOT supported)
- Signal (Camera Dependent) Uncompressed true 10-bit or 8-bit 422
- LTC (Record Mode Only) Optional Wireless RF via SYNC module
- HDMI 1 x HDMI (2.0) 4kp60
- SDI (Play Out) 2 x 12G SDI via included AtomX SDI module - level A and B selectable
- Signal Uncompressed true 10-bit or 8-bit 422 (playback file dependent)
Video Signal Conversion
- HDMI to SDI Yes - Video and RAW
- SDI to HDMI Yes - Video and RAW
- Audio Quality 24/48kHz
- Audio Codec PCM
- HDMI 8ch 24-bit, input dependent
- SDI 12ch 24-bit, input dependent
- Analogue Audio in 3.5mm 2ch.
- Headphone out 3.5mm 2ch.
Supported Codecs & Frame Rates (Record & Playback)
- Supported Resolution & FPS 6k: RAW Only up to 30p via HDMI and SDI (Camera dependent 5.9k HDMI and 5.7k SDI) 4k DCI: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60p 4k UHD: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60p 2k DCI: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60p / FX9 RAW up to 180p 1080p: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60/100/120p 1080i: - 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60i 720p: 50/59.94/60p PsF - converted to P and looped out PsF
- Anamorphic 3.5k: RAW up to 60p (from supported cameras only)
- Apple ProRes Raw ProRes RAW HQ, ProRes Raw
- Apple ProRes ProRes LT, 422, HQ
- Avid DNx (Requires Free codec activation) AVID DNxHR HQX. HQ, SQ, LB
AVID DNxHD 35, 145, 220, 220x
- Playlist / Genlock / LTC Yes / No / No
- Loop Yes with in and out markers
- Playlist Yes
- Apple ProRes Raw Yes
- Apple ProRes Yes, with Linear PCM audio
- Avid DNx (Requires Free codec activation) Yes, with Linear PCM audio
Recording functions & Media
- Pre-roll Record Yes (HD 8s, 4K 2s) - Not available in RAW
- Timelapse Yes
- Media Type Master Caddy II / SSDmini
- File Naming Scene, Shot, Take / File name via SDI for Arri and RED
- Supported Editing applications All NLE applications that support Apple ProRes, ProRes RAW and Avid DNxHDR/HD in .MOV
On Screen Tools
- Scopes Luma Waveform RGB Parade Vector Scope
- Magnification 1 x Zoom 2 x Zoom
- Focus Peaking Colour selected / threshold setting / colour / Mono / edges only
- False Color Yes, with scale
- Zebra Yes, adjustable
- Isolate Color Channel Blue Only
- Cut Tag Edit markers Yes, Playback mode
- Cine Frame Guides 2.4:1, 2.35:1, 1.9:1, 1.85:1, 4:3
- Social Frame guides 9:16, 1:1, 191:1, 4:5
- Safe Areas Action and Graphic
- Grid Markers 9 Grid
- Anamorphic Desqueeze 1.25x 1.33x , 1.5x ,1.8x ,2x
- Display Flip Vertical Only
- 3DLUT 50/50 Yes, on screen preview
- HDMI Yes
- SDI Yes
- Time Of Day Yes
- Wireless RF Optional Via Sync Module
- Bluetooth LE Optional Via Sync Module
- Pulldown Removal 24/25/30pSF > 24/25/30p (2:2 pulldown) 60i > 24p (3:2 pulldown)
- 4K UHD Downscale for HD Yes - On Loop-out
- DCI Crop Yes - On Loop out
- HDMI Auto HDMI Trigger, Supported Protocols - Canon, Sony, Atomos Open Standard
- SDI SDI trigger camera selectable
- LANC 2.5mm Jack LANC control and calibration v
- Standard 1 year. Extended to 3 years on product registration
- Ninja V with SDI RAW Pre-Activated,
- AtomX SDI module
- 1 x Battery eliminator
- 1 x international DC power supply
- 1 x DTap Cable
- 1 x AtomX 5” Sunhood
- QuickStart Guide