Atomos Shogun 7
MIND-BLOWING HDR MONITORING
Free Shipping for Orders IN THE USA
Apple ProRes & ProRes RAW Recording & Playback
Designed for professionals that push boundaries with the quality of their videos, this 7-inch screen elevates the image captured by any HDMI or SDI camera to new levels. With 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio and peak brightness of 3000nits, Shogun 7 is the ultimate all-in-one video production tool for creative storytelling.
Shogun 7 embraces the high production values of RAW and 4K HDR to give you complete control of every aspect of your production, on-set and in post. Meticulously monitor every pixel of SDR or HDR as it’s captured. Record up to 5.7K Apple ProRes RAW* or 4K Apple ProRes directly to affordable SSD drives avoiding the high costs and limitations of SD memory cards. You can even shoot RAW at high frame rates up to HDp240**.
Add to this asynchronous, multicamera switching and the ability to record in a range of other codecs, and you have more power to achieve your creative vision than ever before..
MULTICAMERA TOUCHSCREEN SWITCHING
INTUITIVE TOUCH SCREEN OPEATION.
One-touch operation gives you access to a complete suite of scopes, exposure, zoom, calibration and focus tools to ensure a great recording every time.
INSTANT PLAYBACK & REVIEW.
Playback rushes on-set, either on-screen or out to any Dolby Vision capable TV or monitor. Even watch it in slow motion for more detailed frame-by-frame analysis.
Metadata tag footage as you go to mark favorites, rejects and more. When you bring your footage into your edit timeline, immediately filter your tags.
Add 48V stereo mics via an XLR breakout cable. Select mic or line input levels, record up to 12 channels of digital audio from HDMI or SDI and monitor via the 3.5mm headphone jack.
Learn more about the Atomos Shogun 7
- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
7" HDR Pro/Cinema Monitor-Recorder-Switcher
Multicamera touchscreen switching
Live mix & record up to 5 streams
Take full advantage of 4 x SDI inputs and let Shogun 7 step into the role of a portable, quadview live switcher and recorder on your multicamera shoots. Record up to four 1080p60 streams simultaneously as separate ISOs and then cue and switch in real-time with a simple touch of the screen. Display the resulting mixed output (via HDMI or SDI) live on set. You can even output the switched feed for live streaming. Switching is completely asynchronous, eliminating the need for expensive locked sources and allowing the use of more affordable cameras.
Perfect exposure and colour
Fine tune every detail, while you shoot
A high-quality viewing experience gives you complete confidence to make educated on-set decisions.
With Shogun 7’s dynamic zoned backlight, blacks are deeper, whites are brighter, and the details of highlights are crystal clear. See what the camera sensor is capturing with unparalleled precision and use the advanced HDR waveform tools from log or RAW to ensure perfect exposure, colour and white balance. Shogun 7 gives you the control to maximise HDR exposure, while feeling comfortable with SDR finishing in post.
Simple monitoring tools put every detail of the image within your control. From custom 3D LUTs, false color profiles, adjustable focus peaking and movable 1:1 and 2:1 pixel magnification. In addition, RGB parade and vectorscopes ensure perfect colors on your calibrated monitor.
Shogun 7 gives a low budget feature film a cinematic edge
How do you make a full-length feature film, with flawless, cinematic values when your camera budget only stretches to cameras already owned by the crew? The team behind action comedy, School Fight, solved this by adding a Shogun 7 to their existing rigs.
Shogun 7 is at home on practically any camera
With its ProRes RAW recording capabilities it works with powerhouses like the Canon C300 mkII, Panasonic EVA 1 and Sony FS5 II to create stunning images with maximum detail and latitude for post production. In addition it can transform older cameras like the Sony FS700R into cinematic RAW shooting machines with advanced features like 4Kp60 and 2Kp240 RAW capture.
Use with your DSLR or mirrorless camera via HDMI to get up to 4Kp60 Apple ProRes and AVID DNx codecs for easy editing and archival quality. Add it to a high-end ARRI, RED or Sony Venice and you’ll get accurate HDR monitoring and all the tools you need to get your job done.
Amplify the creative advantages of shooting RAW
Shogun 7 takes RAW data directly from the camera’s sensor and preserves the unprocessed image. This gives you more freedom to adjust and finesse every aspect of your video in post-production finishing.
Applying ProRes compression technology to RAW image data adds another edge to your creative workflow. ProRes RAW files are smaller than most proprietary RAW formats so you can import, edit and grade faster and more efficiently. ProRes RAW is supported in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere and Avid Media Composer*
Give on-set HDR monitoring to your client and creatives
View what you’re capturing through your audience’s eyes before filming has even wrapped. Use Shogun 7 to deliver content via a Dolby Vision live HDMI out, in real-time, from any HDR camera to a compatible Dolby Vision HDR TV or monitor. Shogun 7 ensures you see an accurate representation of your video in maximum brightness and color detail. Use this accurate reference to adjust exposure and lighting accurately for modern TVs. This not only gives the crew more confidence in what they’re capturing, but also speeds up the finishing process.
- Without batteries & media: 709g/25ox.
- Dimensions ( W x H x D mm): 214 x 127 45mm
- Construction: Polycarbonate ABS
- Mounting points: 1/4”-20 screw mount. 1x top and 1x bottom
- Operating power : 10- 33W
- Compatible batteries: Atomos NP-F series and supporting accessories
- Input voltage (battery): 6.2V to 16.8V
- Battery time (based on 2 x 7.4V): 5200mAh - up to 1.5hrs (monitor & record 4K 30p)
- 7800mAh - up to 2.2hrs (monitor & record 4K 30p)
- DC In: 1 x DC in (6.2 - 16.8V)
- Size: 7.2"
- Resolution: 1920 x 1280
- PPI: 325
- Aspect ratio: 19:9 native
- Color Gamut:Up to Wide color gamut (105% DCI-P3)
- Look up table (LUT) support: 3D LUT (.cube format)
- Anamorphic de-squeeze:2x, 1.5x, 1.33x
- Technology: Dynamic AtomHDR zoned backlight IPS LCD
Dynamic AtomHDR Technology
- Backlight: Direct LED
- Zones: 360 direct backlight individual LEDs
- LEDs: Wide Color Calibrated D65 or D95
- Bit depth: 10-bit (8+2 FRC)
- Color: DCI-P3 105%
- Brightness: 1500nit (+/- 10%)
- Control: On the fly real-time brightness analysis for LED control
- HDR Conversion: Log/RAW to HLG or PQ
HDR Monitoring Technology
- Gamma : Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3 Canon CLog / CLog2 / Clog3 ARRI Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320 / LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 / LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600 Panasonic Vlog JVC JLog1 RED Log3G10 / RED LogFilm FujiFilm F-log Nikon N-Log PQ10k HLG
- Gamut Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ Nikon Bt2020 Panasonic V Gamut Arri Alexa Wide Gamut Rec709 / BT.2020 JVC RED WideGamut / RED DragonColor / DragonColor2 / RED Color2 / RED Color3 / RED Color4 /
Video input/loop out
- HDMI: HDMI 1 x HDMI (2.0)
- SDI: Quad Link 4 x 3G/6G SDI*, 4 x 3G-SDI, 2x 12G single link SDI
- Signal: Uncompressed true 10-bit or 8-bit 422
- (camera dependent)
- Genlock: Genlock input signal and output signal
Video output (play out)
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI (2.0)
- SDI: 2x 4K-SDI 12G or HD-SDI 3G/6G
- Signal: Uncompressed true 10-bit or 8-bit 422
- (playback file dependent)
- HDMI to SDI
- SDI to HDMI
Audio in/out (48kHz PCM audio)
- HDMI: 2 or 8ch 24-bit, camera dependent
- SDI: 12ch 48kHz 24-bit
- Audio: 2ch balanced XLR analogue in/out
Dynamic range >90dB
Max signal level +24dBu
Max analogue gain +52dB
48V Phantom Power for Mic
- Headphone out: 3.5mm 2ch.
Supported Codecs & frame rates (record & playback)
- Raw to: ProRes RAW
(CDNG up to 30p only)
- Sony^^ FS700, FS-5, FS-7, FS-7MkII:
4K DCI; 24/25/30/50/60p
4K UHD; not supported in camera
1080; not supported in camera
- Canon C300MKII/C500 CDNG
4K DCI; 24/25/30p
4K UHD; 24/25/30p
2K; not supported in camera
1080; not supported in camera
- Panasonic VaricamLT, EVA1
5.7K DCI; 24/25/30p (EVA1 ProRes RAW only)
4K DCI; 24/25/30/50/60p
4K UHD; 24/25/30/50/60p
2K; 24/25/30/50/60/100/120/200/240p 1080; not supported in camera
- Supported base resolution & FPS from cameras:
4K DCI: 23.98/29.9/59.94p
4K UHD: 23.98/29.9/59.94p
2K DCI: 23.98/29.9/59.94p
- Supported FPS & resolution from gaming consoles and graphic cards: 1080p; 24/25/30/50/60/100/120
- Pulldown removal: 24/25/30pSF > 24/25/30p (2:2 pulldown) 60i > 24p (3:2 pulldown)
- 4K UHD downscale for HD monitoring: Yes - Loop-out and playback (Not available in RA
- HDMI: Auto HDMI Trigger. Supported Protocols - Dolby Vision, Canon, Sony, Atomos Open Standard
- SDI: SDI trigger camera selectable
- Other: LANC control - Slave
Playlist / Genlock / LTC : Yes / Yes / Yes
CDNG (Recorded content) : No support
ProRes (Recorded content): ProRes (Recorded content)
DNxHR / DNxHD (recorded content): All recorded files can playback. Playback in slow motion >= 100fps.
- Pre-roll record: Yes (HD 8s, 4K 2s).
- Custom timelapse: Yes*
- Supported media: 2.5” SSD/HDD compatibility depends on recording format, resolution and frame rate. Visit atomos.com/drives for list of tested and approved drives
- Master caddy case: Master Caddy II (included)
- 75mm x 105mm x 12mm
- Master caddy dock: 2.5” SATA to USB 2.0/3.0
- Supported applications: Final Cut Pro / Media Composer / Premiere Pro / After Effects / EDIUS / Vegas Pro / Lightworks / Autodesk Smoke
All specifications correct when published, subject to E&OE.
24/30/60 frame rates also means 23.98/29.97/59.94 frame rates for all resolution
*Available in future firmware updates
^^ Optional unit (XDCA-FS7) needed for Raw output.”
- Shogun 7 unit
- Master Caddy II x 1
- 12V-3A AC power supply
- Carry Case
- Quick Start guide
- Accessory Kit: 2 x battery,1 x charger, 1 x power supply, HPRC case,USB dock, control cable, Dtap cable, Master Caddy x 4, Power supply, Sun hood
- Power Kit: 2 x battery,
1 x charger, 1 x power supply
- Other: Atomos HDMI cable,
Breakout XLR cable, X-Rite i1DisplayPro calibration