NewTek TriCaster Mini SDI
Portable, Professional, and Equipped for End-to-End IP
Free Shipping for Orders IN THE USA
Portable, Professional, and
Equipped for End-to-End IP
Produce and publish extraordinary video content for screens and audiences of all sizes with the most complete, compact multimedia studio in the world—TriCaster® Mini Advanced.
REAL VIDEO PRODUCTION. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
ENTER THE WORLD OF IP VIDEO - TODAY
Connect to the most prolific IP-based workflow in the industry right out of the box. With native integration of NDI®, NewTek’s innovative Network Device Interface technology, TriCaster Mini Advanced is instantly compatible with products from hundreds of manufacturers and developers over the network.
Use any combination of compatible video sources, including cameras, mobile devices, computers, gaming systems, streaming media, video files, graphics, images, animations, and more
REACH YOUR AUDIENCE
Live stream to multiple destinations simultaneously, including Facebook Live, Microsoft Azure, Periscope, Twitch, Ustream, YouTube Live, and more
Learn more about the NewTek TriCaster Mini SDI
- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
TriCaster Mini SDI TCMASDIR2
This is the newest version of the NewTek TriCaster Mini Advanced sdi with substantially upgraded components and features now closer in hardware to the TriCaster Mini 4K | NDI.
- The new TriCaster Mini SDI no longer comes with a side screen. Overall, NewTek was able to focus on better heat control, and optimized hardware for a performance and reliability gains.
- Now comes with Quad output nVidia Quadro based card for more powerful real time advanced processing including full use of CUDA for increased quality, hardware assisted encoding, decoding and streaming.
- 4 Mini DisplayPorts - One for user interface and three for multi-viewers that run in full screen production quality. Comes with 4 mini DisplayPort adapters.
- New Dual 1Gb Ethernet for increased IP connectivity, and load balancing of across multiple connections. Sharing and load balancing of bandwidth across multiple connections using NDI version 4 doubles the amount of NDI traffic providing more powerful media connectivity and expansion.
- Internal 1 TB SSD storage for faster boot and load times, increased recording capabilities and higher reliability in portable environments.
- New portable storage USB 3.1 and USB-C ports for more concurrent recording capability.
- New 180watts power supply that makes the hardware quieter during operation.
- Comes with Windows 10 for increased performance and fewer security concerns.
- HD switching, streaming, and recording
- 8 external video inputs and 4 mix outputs
- Connect to compatible IP devices via NDI® - Connect to the most prolific IP-based workflow in the industry right out of the box. With native integration of NDI®, NewTek’s innovative Network Device Interface technology, TriCaster Mini Advanced is instantly compatible with products from hundreds of manufacturers and developers over the network.
- Streaming to Facebook Live, Twitch, and more
- Real-time social media publishing
- Multi-channel recording and internal storage
- Video playback without any additional hardware
- Built-in live titling and motion graphics
- Multi-channel audio mixing
- Maximize your investment now and for the future. With TriCaster Advanced Edition software now included, TriCaster Mini Advanced offers more than 100 additional video production capabilities compared to the original system platform—at no additional cost.
The NewTek TriCaster Mini SDI MPN FG-002881-R001 replaces the previous version FG-001986-R001 with improved hardware and software.
Engineered with a purpose and built with a commitment to ensuring you have everything you need to create amazing productions, NewTek live production systems provide the most comprehensive set of tools and capabilities for modern workflows and the most value for your investment of any video solution.
- Video Input - 8 x simultaneous external video inputs, supporting any combination of compatible sources
- Network Video Input - 8 x IP video inputs via NDI®, resolution-independent, with support for key and fill
- Digital Video Input - 4 x SDI video connections supporting video input in any combination of standard formats, resolutions, and frame rates
1080p: 29.97, 25
1080i: 59.94, 50
720p: 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25
SD: 59.94, 50, 25
- PTZ Support for up to 8 simultaneous Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) robotic cameras via serial and network protocols, including RS232, RS422, and IP, with integrated controls and preset system
- Skype TX - Native support for up to 2 simultaneous Skype® video call inputs via Skype TX software integration, including tally and Talk Back communication
- Video Output - Configurable for up to 4 independent video mix outputs, with simultaneous digital and IP delivery
- Network Video Output - 4 x independent IP video mix outputs via NDI®
- Digital Video Output - 2 x independently configurable SDI video outputs
- Stream Output - 1 x streaming video output, independently configurable, with simultaneous stream archive
- Monitor Outputs - 4 x mini display ports adapters
- Mix/Effect Buses (M/E)4 x M/E buses, each supporting 2 configurable sources and 2 configurable KEY layers
1 x PREVIZ configuration and preview bus
- DSK Channels - 2 x DSK channels
- Media - 4 x media players
2 x DDR, 1 x GFX, 1 x Sound
15 x media buffers: 5 x animation buffers, 10 x graphic buffers
- Keyers - Integrated LiveMatte™ chroma and luma keying technology on all source channels and M/E buses
- Virtual Sets - Integrated LiveSet™ technology with 30+ live virtual sets and box effects included
- DataLink - Integrated DataLink™ technology enabling real-time, automated data input from internal and external sources, including webpages, spreadsheets, scoreboards, databases, RSS feeds, watch files, XML, CSV, ASCII and more
- Macros - Record, store, edit and automate commands and user-configured operation sequences
Attach to control panel buttons, keyboard shortcuts, hotspots, MIDI and X-keys® buttons or GPI triggers
Attach to internal events and state changes, including audio, media playback, tally and specific switcher actions
Supports control via web-based interface
- Recording - 5 x configurable video recording channels via IsoCorder™ technology
4 x QuickTime® archival video recorders (XDCAM HD compatible, 4:2:2 encoding, 24-bit audio, with timecode)
1 x H.264 distribution video recorders (multiple profiles)
1 x MP3 audio recorder
- Signal Monitoring - Integrated waveform and vectorscope, full field rate with digital calibration, color preview and support for ITU-R Rec. 709
- Storage - 1TB SSD internal drive
Capacity varies by format, resolution and file specification
Supports recording to external storage via USB 3.0
Supports shared storage integration and third-party partner solutions
- Grab - Grab full-resolution, deinterlaced still images from external video sources and outputs
- Export - Export video and image files to social media, FTP, local or external volumes, and network servers, with optional transcoding
- Audio Mixing - Integrated multi-channel audio mixer with configurable DSPs, 4 x 4 x 4 audio input channel routing, and 4 independent output mixes
- Local Audio Input - 4 x embedded SDI audio inputs
1 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) balanced mic
2 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) balanced line
- Local Audio Output- 2 x embedded SDI audio outputs
2 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) balanced line
1 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphones jack
- Network Audio
Native support for network audio input and output via NDI®
Embedded audio supported for all NDI® input and output video signals
Integrated support for Dante™ networking protocol from Audinate® Requires Dante Virtual Soundcard license from Audinate (sold separately)
- Supported Media File Formats - Import, store, and play back multimedia files, with optional transcoding, including:
Video: AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, FLV, F4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, WebM, and more
Image: PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, JPEG-XR, JPEG2000, EXR, RAW, TIF, WebP, and more
Audio: AIFF, MP3, WAV, and more
Video: Floating Point YCbCr +A 4:4:4:
Audio: Floating Point, 96 kHz
- Throughput Latency~1.0-2.0 frames
- A/V Standards
HD-SDI video conforms to SMPTE 292M
SD video conforms to SMPTE 259M and ITU-R BT.656
Analog audio levels conform to SMPTE RP-155
- Tally - Support for network tally via NDI®
- MIDI - Support for standard MIDI protocol enabling third-party device control
- NIC - Dual Gigabit NICs
- 7-Band Equalizer - Shape sound to your preference, configuring the tonal range of seven separate frequencies for each audio input and output.
- Support for the AES67 networking protocol via compatible WDM audio drivers for interfacing with compatible audio devices over IP. * Requires third-party virtual sound card license (sold separately)
- Audio Delay - Compensate for external synchronization issues between incoming audio and video sources with a configurable audio delay setting for every audio input.
- Audio Follow Video (AFV) - Attach an audio source (or sources) to an associated video source (or sources), so that when the video source is selected, the desired audio source is automatically selected to provide supporting sound.
- Compressor/Limiter - Configure multiple parameters for each audio input and output, including Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, and Gain, to enhance sound and prevent distortion, clipping, and excessive variation.
- Dante™ Audio Networking - Integrated support for the Dante networking protocol from Audinate® for interfacing with compatible audio devices over IP. * Requires Dante Virtual Soundcard license from Audinate (sold separately)
- Headphones - Listen to production audio privately, with a discrete stereo output jack and independent volume control for headphones.
- Level Control - Fine-tune sound with independent control for every channel of every audio source.
- Media File Audio Level - Save time configuring audio levels for non-native clips and sound files by assigning a preset level to all files added to media players.
- Mix-and-Match Audio Connections - Use any combination of supported digital, analog, and network audio devices, including microphones, mixers, and sound systems, to input and output high-quality audio.
- Multi-Channel Audio Mixer - Configure and manage audio levels and settings for internal and external sound sources, plus output signals, with a built-in audio mixer and professional-quality audio tools.
- Multiviewer Volume Sliders - Optionally manage audio levels from the viewports of the multiviewer, with volume control sliders built into the on-screen VU meters.
- Noise Gate - Manage audio signals with greater precision using noise gate settings in the audio mixer to exclude low-level sounds.
- Pan - Create a rich, layered sound experience, moving sound from audio source channels between the stereo channels of the audio mix, dividing equally between channels or assigning all or part of the sound to a specific channel.
- Recording Source - Select the sound that accompanies each video recording, with independent audio configuration for each recording channel.
- Solo - Isolate and audition individual audio sources to listen to their post-fader sound separate from all other audio sources.
- Talk Back- Communicate behind the scenes with connected listeners via headset with built-in Talk Back function.
- Talk Over - Reduce the volume of all other audio sources by 20dB to enable a selected audio source (typically a microphone) to be heard over all other sound.
- USB - Support for professional USB audio devices via compatible WDM audio drivers.
- VU Metering - Monitor and adjust audio levels using configurable VU meter displays built into the audio mixer and optional VU meter overlays for each multiviewer viewport.
- Buffer - Manage buffer configuration quickly and easily with anicon-based control scheme comprised of individual, interactive buttons for configuration, asset management, title editing, and unloading.
- Auto Color - Optionally enable automatic color matching between video inputs to account for variable lighting conditions and camera settings.
- Clip Thumbnails - Optionally customize the thumbnail image for each media file in the DDR and the Media Browser for at-a-glance identification and organization.
- Configuration Menu Grouping and Nesting - Access and manage the configurable elements of any input source more efficiently, with tab-based grouping of related functions and the ability to expand or collapse menus as needed.
- Crop Edges - Define the top, bottom, left, and right margins for a video source independently, cropping unwanted or unnecessary parts from the image.
- Custom Labeling - Assign custom labels to video inputs, media player files, buffers, audio sources, and presets to suit naming conventions and workflow preferences.
- Fill + Alpha - Create composite video images, combining one or more pairs of inputs and configuring one video input as the alpha channel for its paired source.
- Input Grouping - Link source rows together in color-coded groups to synchronize and streamline multi-channel switcher operations.
- Intelligent Configuration Panels - Save time during setup with context-sensitive configuration panels that include all applicable controls, automatically store designated settings, and dynamically update while cycling through different input and source types.
- Layer Management - Identify, monitor, and manage switcher BKGD, DSK, and KEY layer video sources in real time with an integrated layer priority system and full-time, full-motion confidence monitors
- MEMs - Configure and store preferred settings, playlists, control states, and more, with a comprehensive preset system.
- NDI Access Manager - Manage the visibility and accessibility of NDI video sources on the system and your network to organize and secure your workflow.
- Positioner - Move and size video layers and overlays within the frame to achieve the desired positioning and scale for compositions.
- Presets - Configure M/Es, LiveSet shots, media playlists, transitions and more with the most frequently used setups and content using multiple preset slots.
- Proc Amp Controls - Individually adjust color characteristics and levels for each input source, including brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation.
- Rotation - Customize the appearance of composite layers and overlays with independently configurable X-axis, Y-axis, and Z-axis rotation settings.
- Sessions - Configure and store the framework and assets for your productions, including the video standard and resolution, input and output configuration, switcher and media player setup, and more.
- Session Templates - Set up and store sessions with user preferences in reusable templates—and jump right into your custom configuration for any production.
- White Balance - Ensure accurate color properties for your video with manual and automatic white balance controls.
- Autoplay - Enable media playback to start and stop automatically, and optionally advance to the next item in the playlist when playback of the current item concludes.
- COMP Panel Control - Access, assign, and apply COMP presets directly from the configuration panel of any M/E bus.
- Control Panels - Take a hands-on approach to operation with companion hardware control panels that map to the user interface.
- Hotspots - Turn on-screen areas into interactive macro controls, enabling the live motion of talent or objects to trigger automated operation sequences.
- MIDI - Optionally connect any of thousands of compatible MIDI devices to extend macro control and to integrate video operations with other MIDI-compatible live production elements like sound, lighting, and effects.
- Playlist Panel Control - Access the active playlist and control panel for any media player directly from the configuration panel.
- Touchscreen Support - Optionally connect a compatible touchscreen display to interact with the user interface and perform live production functions using simple, familiar touch gestures.
- User Interface - Operate with point-and-click simplicity, with a dedicated software user interface and the included USB mouse and keyboard.
- Web Interface - Access resources and manage elements of live operation from the browser of any supported device on the same network with a system-specific Web-based interface.
- Data Presets - Store frequently used text and images as easily accessible presets to accelerate graphics production and live titling workflows.
- DataLink™ - Map real-time data from internal and external sources to titles, comments, file names, and other fields in graphics templates.
- DataLink Extension - Add the DataLink extension to the Google Chrome browser of any networked computer to send text or images from the Web across the network to the system for use in titles and graphics.
- DataLink File Watcher - Transform raw spreadsheet data from CSV, XML or ASCII files into production-ready title pages that can be edited and updated in real time.
- Metadata - Attach comments to sources, clips, and images to serve as internal data sources for DataLink operations.
- Camera Settings and Control - Manage settings for connected cameras as supported, to include focus, iris, and white balance, plus access and operate PTZ controls for applicable sources, directly from the configuration panel.
- Device Webpage - Access the discrete device webpage served by any applicable input source (such as the NewTek NDI® PTZ Camera) directly from its input configuration panel.
- Mix-and-Match Video Inputs - Connect video cameras or devices of any supported connection type, resolution, frame rate, and aspect ratio, with per-input configuration.
- Mix-and-Match Video Outputs - Configure multiple video outputs for any combination of supported signals and connection types.
- PTZ - Supports input of robotic pan-tilt-zoom cameras via serial and network protocols, including RS232, RS422, and IP.
- PTZ Camera Control - Operate robotic pan-tilt-zoom cameras directly from the user interface, including camera orientation, zoom, focus, and iris, with position presets, speed control, and preview images.
- PTZ Capacity - Enjoy the capacity and flexibility to assign a different PTZ camera to any and every external source available on your system, including up to 8 simultaneous on TC Mini systems.
- Router Support - Select and switch between router sources directly from the user interface when connected to a compatible upstream video router.
- Skype TX - Conduct a live Skype® video call with any remote guest, anywhere in the world, with studio-grade Skype TX software integration.
- Storage - Import, record, and store hours of video, images, graphics, and more for productions using supported storage methods.
- Native IP Processing - True IP switching, with native software-driven processing maintaining native resolution of every signal from input to output and eliminating the need for conversion to and from baseband video.
- NDI® - Send and receive video, audio, and data over IP to and from compatible production systems, devices, and applications across a network with integrated Network Device Interface (NDI) technology.
- Macro Triggers - Trigger macros manually with a mouse click, keyboard shortcut, control panel button, MIDI button, GPI trigger, hotspot interaction, or other compatible control method.
- Macro Editor - Edit the action, timing, and order of steps in a macro sequence, insert and delete steps, and easily modify macro data with cut, copy, and paste commands.
- Multi-Step Macros - Insert pauses and manual cues to create multi-step macro command sequences that permit accounting for and adjusting to real-time production pacing.
- Snapshot - Reduce an entire macro sequence to a single step, configuring a macro trigger to snap to the end result of the associated macro sequence with a specialized speed setting.
- State Change Macros - Configure macros to trigger automatically according to internal events and state changes, including audio, media playback, tally, and specific switcher actions.
- Adaptive Monitoring - Maximize screen usage with smart workspaces that automatically adjust the size and layout of multiviewer windows according to your user interface configuration and the available space on connected displays.
- Live Output Monitoring - Work with higher-quality video output previews, taking advantage of enhanced signal processing and full field-rate deinterlacing.
- Monitor Proc Amps - Compensate for environmental lighting conditions and external display settings with configurable color settings for the User Interface, Multiview, and display outputs.
- Multiviewers - Monitor the multiple video signals from external inputs, internal sources, and outputs simultaneously with viewports built into the user interface display, and optionally extend monitoring to additional dedicated multiviewer displays.
- NDI Test Patterns - Send and receive reference signals across the network via NDI to confirm connectivity and enable audio and video calibration.
- NDI Studio Monitor - View NDI video sources on the system or anywhere on the network from a dedicated window on a compatible computer or device, or designate for display using an array of configuration and control options.
- Player Monitoring - Designate the multiviewer window for a DDR to display the thumbnail frame used for playlist identification, or the first frame of the cued video file.
- Production Clocks - View the system clock, generate and display local timecode, and set start and end times for video programs, including countdown, to time productions precisely.
- Tally Indicators - Easily identify the sources selected or included in a composition selected on the Preview and Program rows with distinct visual indicators.
- Viewport Configuration - Customize each multiviewer viewport individually, including selecting the video signal and applying optional overlays to include checkerboard, safe areas, center cross, hotspots, VU meters, and more.
- Visual Indicators - Obtain real-time feedback from a variety of on-screen visual indicators to easily assess the status of production activities.
- Workspaces - Configure the multiviewers to display the desired type, quantity, and arrangement of video signals with a variety of layout presets.
- Animation Buffers - Load multiple video loops, motion graphics, and animations into dedicated memory slots for instant recall and playback.
- Buffers - Load multiple images, graphics, and titles into dedicated memory slots for instant recall and display.
- Extend Play - Enable an optional AutoPlay setting to continue playback of video clips even when a custom Out point is set or a DDR is no longer selected on the Program row.
- Grab - Grab full-resolution still images from programs for real-time export and post-production use.
- Graphics - Store and display photos, images, and full-screen and partial-screen graphics of virtually any file format, individually or in playlist format.
- Live Title Editing - Edit and update title text in real time to create new or revise current titles while a live production is in progress.
- Multiviewer Transport Controls - Optionally operate media players directly from the multiviewer, with individual transport controls built into the viewports of applicable sources.
- Playlists - Load and sequence media player items into storyboard-style playlists with simple, drag-and-drop organization, optional Autoplay setting, and multiple presets.
- Playlist Effects - Add custom transitions between playlist items and combine real-time, slow-motion, and fast-motion with per-clip playback speed settings.
- Sounds - Load and play sound files including audio tracks, music beds, and sound effects, individually or in playlist format.
- Sports Title Templates - Choose from a variety of live title templates designed to enhance sports productions, including scoreboard graphics with integrated DataLink™ fields for input of real-time scoring and game clock data.
- Title Export - Open any title template, edit to preference, then export the completed asset as a new file available for immediate production use, sharing, or adding to content libraries.
- Titles - Apply titles to live video, choosing from hundreds of included templates in a variety of styles and colors, building custom designs, or importing custom CG elements.
- Transport Controls - Use a simple set of familiar controls to manage playback and playlist functions, including Play, Stop, Previous, and Next.
- Trim and Scrub - Change the duration of media player items by adjusting the start and end points, and cue to a specific frame by changing the play position to the desired point in the file.
- Video Servers - Store and play back short-form and long-form video clips, motion graphics, and packages of virtually any file format, individually or in playlist format.
- Watch Folders - Edit buffer content, including graphics, titles, and images, in real time, and update across the network from a compatible workstation.
- Auto-Detect - Reduce setup time with automatic detection of resolution and frame rate for most session-format SDI cameras.
- Automatic Media Retrieval - Save time locating and restoring media for production sessions with automatic media retrieval, even when drive settings have changed on the system or a session backup has been restored.
- Backup and Restore - Protect the system against unforeseen hardware and software issues, using a comprehensive system restore function to return the system to factory defaults or creating a bootable clone of the system drive on an external drive for backup.
- Button Lock - Protect live productions from error or accidental operation by locking control panel buttons to their current state.
- Frame Sync - Work with a wide range of video sources, while eliminating signal timing concerns, with an internal frame synchronizer enabled for all sources.
- Multi-Tiered Failsafe - Ensure productions continue through unexpected circumstances with multiple, redundant failsafe mechanisms that monitor and resolve error conditions with minimal disruption.
- Notifications Activity Center - Keep close tabs on system activity, including file imports, routine notifications, and error messages, and perform select related functions with a convenient in-session panel
- Notifications Counter - Easily determine the presence and number of new system notifications with a convenient counter badge for the dashboard icon.
- Notifications Priority - Readily identify the urgency of system notifications and level of action required with a color-coded priority system for the dashboard icon.
- Signal Processing - Maintain signal quality from end to end with video and images processed at their native resolution—no up conversion or down conversion required.
- Undo/Redo - Erase the effects of recent actions, returning to prior switcher states with convenient undo and redo commands.
- USB 3.0 - Utilize USB 3.0 storage media for high-speed file transfer and external capture workflows.
- Video Standards - Produce video anywhere in the world, with comprehensive support for all common NTSC and PAL video standards.
- Clean M/E Output - Optionally output a ‘clean’ version of the video mix from any M/E bus for simulcasting, sub-mixing, archive, or distribution purposes.
- M/E Output - Output the video mix from one or more M/E buses for simulcasting, sub-mixing, archive, or distribution purposes.
- NDI Mix Output - Supply up to four video mix outputs to the network via NDI, permitting other NDI-enabled devices connected to the network to use the signals for input or delivery.
- NDI Source Output - Translate select local video sources to NDI and output to the network for use by other NDI-enabled devices throughout studios, facilities, or pipelines.
- Program Clean Output - Output a ‘clean’ version of the primary video mix without graphics and text overlays for simulcasting, archive, or distribution purposes.
- Program Output - Switch live cameras, play back stored media, apply overlays, and more, then output the composite result as the primary video mix.
- Simultaneous HD/SD Output - Output video in both standard and high definition simultaneously with configurable output resolutions.
- Stream Output - Output live streaming video from productions to the Web, with configurable audio and video sources.
Pre- & Post-Production
- Animation Store Creator - Generate custom, full-color transitions and animated effects with alpha channel and embedded audio from logos and graphics using the included Animation Store Creator application.
- LiveText™ - Create custom title templates and graphics for productions using the built-in character generator application, LiveText.
- Virtual Set Editor - Purchase and install this optional software to customize live virtual set templates, import virtual studios created using a choice of design applications, or transform panoramic images into 360-degree virtual environments.
- Auto Queue - Optionally enable media designated for sharing to be uploaded and exported to publishing destinations automatically
- File Export - Live export media from your production for local or remote collaboration, delivering to FTP sites, or copying to local or external storage locations, including network servers.
- Multi-Account Publishing - Reach more friends, fans, and followers with no extra effort required, publishing media to multiple user accounts on the same social network simultaneously.
- Social Media Export - Login and publish media to popular social media accounts directly from the system, including Facebook, Imgur, LinkedIn, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, and more.
- Trim - Set new in and out points for video clips that are planned to be shared to change the duration or edit for content.
- Add To Playlist - Enable instant, in-show turnaround of captured content, optionally adding recorded clips to DDR playlists for immediate playback.
- Export Active Recordings - Designate active recordings for upload and export to social media, FTP, or storage locations.
- External Recorders - Optionally capture up to 8 external NDI® sources over the network to local storage media as H.264 media files.
- M/E Record - Optionally designate one or more M/E buses as capture sources to record specialized sub-mixes or alternate cuts of video programs.
- Multi-Channel ISO Recording - Record multiple channels of video to internal, external, or shared storage simultaneously with integrated IsoCorder technology.
- Program Record - Record entire programs to full-resolution video files for upload, archive, or distribution.
- QuickTime® Recording - Full-resolution ISO recording to high-quality, multi-platform, application-friendly QuickTime file format, with timecode, for archival use.
- Session Recordings Folder - Locate and verify active and completed recordings more quickly with a dedicated Session Recordings browser folder.
- Source Record - Optionally designate one or more individual video sources for capture to acquire raw footage from productions.
- Time-Shifting - Delay the broadcast of live productions or video feeds by adding active recordings to the DDR for playback at a later time.
- Fast Action - Insert instant replays from up to 8 NDI or SDI input recordings with a single click instantly; or cue to play on demand instead. Replays include custom in/out transitions and speed control.
- Replay - Capture and replay highlights with on-screen controls and other replay elements, including intro and outro transitions, clip speed and duration, angle selection, and auto-playback action.
- Replay Shortcuts - Create basic highlight clips for instant playback and publishing with shortcut commands.
- Replay Controller - Add dedicated, single-channel capture, clip marking, and playback control with an optional TimeWarp™ replay controller.
- Dual-Channel Live Streaming - Configure and launch live streaming video to the Web with two built-in streaming encoders supporting a choice of connection types, resolutions, and streaming providers, including multiple preset options and custom profile settings.
- Stream File Archive - Automatically and independently capture live streams as a Web-ready video file for archive or upload for on-demand viewing.
- Streaming Presets - Use any of a number of default streaming provider presets, including Facebook Live, Microsoft® Azure®, Periscope, Twitch, Ustream, YouTube™ Live, and more, or configure custom connections and designate as presets.
- Web Browser - Connect, test, preview, and monitor your live video streams using the integrated Web Browser.
- Auto Labeling - Maintain visual confirmation of active live inputs with the option to permit switcher buttons to be automatically labeled for their corresponding NDI® sources.
- Express Mode - Collapse the default panes of the user interface in favor of single-stripe switcher, expanded multiviewer, and streamlined workflow supporting automatic transitions, intuitive DSK delegation and application, and enhanced touchscreen operation.
- External Input Configuration - Independently configure each external input on the switcher for any connected camera, hardware video source, or IP video source.
- Mix/Effects Buses* - Switch video sub-mixes, create multi-source compositions, produce sophisticated video effects, and configure live virtual sets for delivery to the production switcher or directly to output with multiple mix/effects (M/E) buses.
- Mix/Effects Re-Entry - Cascade mix effects and produce incredible layered compositions with every M/E bus including all other M/E buses as available sources.
- Overlays - Apply titles, graphics, animations, and picture-in-picture video to video programs, layering elements over live cameras and other video sources with downstream key (DSK) and upstream key (KEY) channels.
- Production Switcher - Mix multiple live cameras and video feeds with stored media, including video clips, still images, graphics, and animations; plus video over IP, layered compositions, and live virtual sets.
- Program/Preview Workflow - Sequence and switch between camera angles and other video sources using a choice of transitions, and set up and see the composition of the next shot before you take it live to air.
- Source Switching - Optionally select and switch between live sources by clicking or tapping on the viewport of the desired source in the multiviewer, rather than pressing switcher buttons.
- Switcher Banks - Access and mix with all sources from the switcher, including every external input and buffer, with two tabbed button banks and 16 MEM slot presets.
- Compatible NewTek Products - Add to existing workflows or create an entirely new one, building around NewTek live production with a range of seamlessly compatible, software-driven production solutions—including no charge NDI tools.
- Developer Network - Outfit live production ecosystems with partner solutions from a growing list of companies and developers that have integrated their products with NewTek live production systems through NewTek’s SDK program.
- Professional Services - Leverage NewTek’s expertise in video production technology and workflows to support installations, workflow designs, systems engineering, and automation programming, as well as production development, project coordination, on-site training and assistance, and more.
- NewTek Premium Access - Gain access to new technologies and premium tools, activate exclusive features and capabilities, and enjoy continuous upgrades with the latest innovations and enhancements for systems with the optional NewTek Premium Access subscription plan.
- ProTek™ - Obtain premium coverage for all areas of equipment needs, including expert assistance, product replacement, top-priority 24/7 access, and rapid response. Available only in the continental US with restrictions.
- SDK Program - Access the tools needed to build applications and products that integrate with and augment NewTek live production systems to serve production needs.
- Support - Receive assistance from an experienced, highly trained team of specialists via phone support, email, and live chat, or utilize online FAQs and knowledge bases for product education and troubleshooting.
- Updates, Upgrades, & Trade-Ins - Download and install the latest system updates at no charge, add new or upgrade current capabilities with optional add-ons and premium software, and receive credit towards a new model when trading in existing hardware.
- Video Training - Learn about basic and advanced operation with online training videos, including useful tips, tricks, and more that can make production easier and more efficient.
- Augmented Reality Effects - Add another dimension to virtual set scenes with augmented reality effects that track with LiveSet zoom and pan movements, including Parallax setting for enhanced motion.
- Holographic Live Virtual Sets - Create a custom live virtual set from any real-world location, converting panoramic images from a smartphone, DSLR, or point-and-shoot camera into a photorealistic virtual environment with the optional Virtual Set Editor software.
- Live Virtual Sets - Transform any location into a simulated studio environment, choosing from a variety of included live virtual sets, purchasing ready-made premium sets, or creating and importing custom set designs with the optional Virtual Set Editor software.
- LiveSet™ Technology - Composite live video sources into sophisticated virtual environments with multiple set locations and camera angles, real-time reflections, specular highlights, and optional animated lens flares.
- Virtual Cameras - Simulate the effect of having camera operators within live virtual sets, with manual and animated virtual camera control and configurable shot presets.
- Alpha Channel - Utilize sources with embedded alpha channel transparency for compositing or overlay, or key video and images in real time using integrated LiveMatte technology.
- Animated Transitions - Select from a variety of included animation store transitions or create custom transition effects, embedding branding, logos, and other visuals into full-color animated overlays with sound effects.
- Border Effects - Create and customize on-screen elements by adding borders and shadows to video layers.
- Box Effects - Use a variety of included box effects to creatively frame two or more video sources sharing the screen simultaneously.
- Full-Motion Composition Engine - Create and store sophisticated compositions and DVE-style motion sequences, with advanced configuration, positioning, keyframing, and effects
- LiveMatte™ Pro - Composite multiple video signals, enable green-screen and matte effects, or configure live virtual sets with pristine quality, using the most advanced version of NewTek’s powerful real-time chromakeying technology to date.
- Photoshop Blend - Apply any of the standard Adobe® Photoshop® blending modes between M/E layers for sophisticated compositing and creative effects.
- Rendering Engine - Enjoy pristine picture quality with video processing optimized for image sampling, downscaling, and warping.
- Transitions - Apply transitions to video mixes, sub-mixes, and overlays with multiple effects channels and hundreds of industry-standard wipes, dissolves, trajectories, and more.
- Warping Effects - Generate animated transitions with sophisticated video effects, like real-time cloth dynamics, 3D warping, and transformations.
- Work with a wide range of stored media file formats natively and interchangeably, including video, images, graphics, and audio, with optional transcoding to optimize real-time performance.
- IP Tally - Provide visual indication of on-air status over the network to compatible systems that are sending output over IP to TriCaster.
- LTC - Automate external timecode configuration—including 24-hour wraparound—simply by plugging in a compatible LTC timecode source.
- Media Browser - Use a familiar browser interface to explore and select media, transitions, effects, and live virtual sets from accessible storage locations.
- Media Export - Easily convert and export media files from productions, including batch export, with file format preset and destination configurable per asset.
- Media Import - Easily import and optionally transcode media assets, including batch import, with files automatically categorized according to type and assigned to the appropriate locations for production use.
- NDI Connect - Access video sources connected to a compatible workstation across the network via NDI, including capture cards, audio cards, webcams, and more.
- NDI for Adobe® Creative Cloud® - Receive content directly from the timeline of any compatible Adobe Creative Cloud application, delivered via NDI from any computer on the network for use as a live video input source.
- NDI IsoCorder - Expand recording capabilities incrementally, capturing NDI video sources across the network using a compatible workstation.
- NDI Scan Converter - Receive the entire full-screen display, any combination of windows, applications, players, and webcams, or a specific region of interest from any computer on the network via NDI for live video input.
- NDI Virtual Input - Designate an available NDI source as the video input for popular software applications that support a webcam, including Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, Skype, Zoom, and more…
- NDI VLC Plugin - Receive input from VLC media player running on a host computer across the network via NDI and use as a switchable video source.
- Real-Time Production Engine - Simultaneously perform the combined functions of multiple individual components in a single, all-in-one integrated production platform with high-performance system architecture.
- Timecode - Time productions, cue video files, synchronize and log recorded media, and more, using multiple timecode fields and settings.
- Ultra-Low Latency - Minimize signal delay in IMAG installations with ultra-low throughput latency, approximately between 1 and 2 frames, further minimized with video sources genlocked and frame sync disabled.
- Video Codecs - Download and install codecs at no charge for Microsoft® Windows® and Apple® macOS™ platforms to enhance media file compatibility between your system and third-party software applications.
- TriCaster Mini HD-4 SDI with Integrated display and 2 internal drives
- NewTek TriCaster Advanced Edition for TriCaster Mini