- What's Included
- Demo Videos
TriCaster Mini SDI TCMASDIR2
This is the newest version of the NewTek TriCaster Mini Advanced sdi with substantially upgraded components and features now closer in hardware to the TriCaster Mini 4K | NDI.
- The new TriCaster Mini SDI no longer comes with a side screen. Overall, NewTek was able to focus on better heat control, and optimized hardware for a performance and reliability gains.
- Now comes with Quad output nVidia Quadro based card for more powerful real time advanced processing including full use of CUDA for increased quality, hardware assisted encoding, decoding and streaming.
- 4 Mini DisplayPorts - One for user interface and three for multi-viewers that run in full screen production quality. Comes with 4 mini DisplayPort adapters.
- New Dual 1Gb Ethernet for increased IP connectivity, and load balancing of across multiple connections. Sharing and load balancing of bandwidth across multiple connections using NDI version 4 doubles the amount of NDI traffic providing more powerful media connectivity and expansion.
- Internal 1 TB SSD storage for faster boot and load times, increased recording capabilities and higher reliability in portable environments.
- New portable storage USB 3.1 and USB-C ports for more concurrent recording capability.
- New 180watts power supply that makes the hardware quieter during operation.
- Comes with Windows 10 for increased performance and fewer security concerns.
You don’t have to be a video expert, own a studio, or know your way around a broadcast control room to deliver your message through video with network-quality results. With an all-in-one design, do-it-yourself setup, and hundreds of entry-level and advanced production capabilities, you can be on your way to captivating audiences from anywhere within minutes of opening the box.
- HD switching, streaming, and recording
- 8 external video inputs and 4 mix outputs
- Connect to compatible IP devices via NDI® - Connect to the most prolific IP-based workflow in the industry right out of the box. With native integration of NDI®, NewTek’s innovative Network Device Interface technology, TriCaster Mini Advanced is instantly compatible with products from hundreds of manufacturers and developers over the network.
- Streaming to Facebook Live, Twitch, and more
- Real-time social media publishing
- Multi-channel recording and internal storage
- Video playback without any additional hardware
- Built-in live titling and motion graphics
- Multi-channel audio mixing
- Maximize your investment now and for the future. With TriCaster Advanced Edition software now included, TriCaster Mini Advanced offers more than 100 additional video production capabilities compared to the original system platform—at no additional cost.
The NewTek TriCaster Mini SDI MPN FG-002881-R001 replaces the previous version FG-001986-R001 with improved hardware and software.
4 x digital video connections (HDMI or SDI, depending on model) supporting video input in any combination of standard formats, resolutions, and frame rates1
- 1080p: 29.97, 25
- 1080i: 59.94, 50
- 720p: 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25
- SD: 59.94, 50, 25
1Available frame rates determined by model and session video standard (NTSC or PAL)
1 x HDMI multiviewer
1 x DVI display output
1 x HDMI display output
1 x PREVIZ configuration and preview bus
5 x media players
- 2 x DDR
- 2 x GFX
- 1 x Sound
15 x media buffers
- 5 x animation buffers
- 10 x graphic buffers
Record, store, edit and automate commands and user-configured operation sequences
- Attach to control panel buttons, keyboard shortcuts, hotspots, MIDI and X-keys® buttons or GPI triggers
- Attach to internal events and state changes, including audio, media playback, tally and specific switcher actions
- Supports control via web-based interface
5 x configurable video recording channels via IsoCorder™ technology
- 4 x QuickTime® archival video recorders (XDCAM HD compatible, 4:2:2 encoding, 24-bit audio, with timecode)2
- 1 x H.264 distribution video recorders (multiple profiles)
1 x MP3 audio recorder
2QuickTime Player not required for playback in common NLE applications
TriCaster Mini Advanced HD-4sdi and HD-4i: 2 x 750GB internal drive
TriCaster Mini Advanced HD-4: 1 x 750GB internal drive
- Capacity varies by format, resolution and file specification
- Supports recording to external storage via USB 3.0 and eSATA
- Supports shared storage integration and third-party partner solutions
1 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) balanced mic
2 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) balanced line
2 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) balanced line
1 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphones jack
- Native support for network audio input and output via NDI®
- Embedded audio supported for all NDI® input and output video signals
- Integrated support3 for Dante™ networking protocol from Audinate®
3Requires Dante Virtual Soundcard license from Audinate (sold separately)
Import, store, and play back multimedia files, with optional transcoding, including:
- Video: AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, FLV, F4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, WebM, and more
- Image: PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, JPEG-XR, JPEG2000, EXR, RAW, TIF, WebP, and more
- Audio: AIFF, MP3, WAV, and more
Audio: Floating Point, 96 kHz
- HD-SDI video conforms to SMPTE 292M
- SD video conforms to SMPTE 259M and ITU-R BT.656
- Analog audio levels conform to SMPTE RP-155
7.0 in (17.8 cm) LCD screen with configurable output (source or output only; external monitor required for user interface)
TriCaster Mini Advanced HD-4
Case display not available
Supports wireless connection to local network
- 802.11ac WiFi standard
NewTek Mini system chassis, including adjustable handle and cable retention bracket
- 4.6 x 9.2 x 7.9 in (11.7 x 23.4 x 20.1 cm)
- 9 lbs (4.1 kg)