- What's Included
- Demo Videos
Live Streaming Production Software
Turn your computer into a television studio with Wirecast. Telestream Wirecast® is live streaming and production software that gives you everything they need to stream and produce professional-quality video from your mac or windows computer to Facebook, Youtube Live, Twitter/Periscope, and many, many more. Connect multiple live cameras, IP sources, audio interfaces, live screen captures, wifi or LTE sources, and mix in other media such as videos, images, sounds on the fly with professional transitions, 3D titles and graphics, green screen keying, virtual sets, live scoreboards, Twitter comments and more.
Bring in live remote guests instantly with Wirecast Rendezvous and host your own talk show. Wirecast is ideal for producing live internet shows, webinars, news, sporting events, concerts, religious services, corporate meetings, lectures, and online game streams affordably and easily.
Plug in your camera. Prepare your shots. Broadcast live.
Telestream’s Wirecast is the only cross-platform, all-in-one live streaming production software that enables capture, live production, and encoding of live streams for broadcast to multiple servers and platforms simultaneously.
With Wirecast, you can stream multiple live cameras while dynamically mixing in other media such as movies, images, and sounds, and adding production features such as transitions, built-in titles, chroma key, virtual sets, and live scoreboards. Wirecast is ideal for broadcasting professional-looking live internet shows, news, online gaming, sporting events, concerts, church services, corporate meetings, lectures and much more.
Easy to use
You don't need to be a video professional to create polished live broadcasts. Wirecast is easy and affordable - all you need is a camera, a computer and an Internet connection to broadcast your live video productions to any audience, live or on-demand at a fraction of the cost of other live video streaming solutions.
Capture from multiple cameras and other input sources
Wirecast supports an unlimited number of input sources ranging from web cameras (via USB, firewire), DV/HDV, SDI cameras (via capture cards), as well as IP and web-based sources and wireless devices.
Wirecast supports a large number of capture cards and devices including many from Blackmagic Design, Matrox, Teradek and more. Simply connect your input sources to your computer and Wirecast will recognize them as live feeds.
Switch between live feeds and other media
Wirecast's powerful production capabilities make it easy to switch between multiple live camera feeds while dynamically mixing in prerecorded video, audio, graphics and slides. Easily generate transitions, titles and lower thirds, and other video effects for added polish.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit
- Mac OS X Yosemite, Mac OS X El Capitan*
- Internet connectivity**, ***
- Requires internet connectivity with HTTP/HTTPS port 80, and RTMP port 1935 open for streaming, Remote Desktop Presenter requires opening port 7272.
- For lowest quality (240p) streaming an upload rate of at least 650Kbps is required.
- 720p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 2500 Kbps.
- 1080p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 4500 Kbps.
- Cam requires iOS 8 or later.
Recommended Hardware Specifications****
- Processor Requirements:
- Intel ‘Sandy Bridge’ Core i3 for 540p or lower streaming
- Intel 'Sandy Bridge' Core i5 CPU @ 2.5Ghz or higher recommended for 720p streaming @ 30fps*****
- Intel 'Sandy Bridge' Core i7 CPU @ 3.0Ghz or higher recommended for 1080p streaming @ 30fps*****
- Graphics Requirements:
- Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce, or AMD Radeon class graphics adapter that are both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 capable.
- Memory Requirements:
- Minimum 4GB RAM, 2GB free hard disk space. Additional hard disk space required for recording to disk.
Hardware-Accelerated Encoding Requirements
- Intel Quick Sync Video encoding requires an Intel CPU with an Intel® QuickSync Video core. List of Intel CPUs supporting QuickSync →
- NVIDIA NVENC encoding requires an nvidia GPU with Kepler architecture or newer. NVIDIA only maintains a general list of supported GPUs →
- Apple Hardware Accelerated H.264 encoding requires a Mac with an integrated Intel GPU.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality. Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac OS X) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac OS X ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications: https://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/professionalformatsandworkflows/index.html#chapter=10%26section=4%26tasks=true
- Windows MJPEG Best Quality Guidelines (Megabytes per second):
- 1080i and 1080p 29.97 and 30 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~25MB/sec
- 1080p 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~50 MB/sec
- 720p 59.94 and 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality - ~20 MB/sec
* Wirecast 7 does not support OS X Mavericks or previous versions of OS
** An internet connection is recommended for Wirecast 7.0 activation.
*** It is recommended that an upload rate of at least double the desired rate be available.
**** Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
***** 60 FPS streaming will result in increased CPU usage and a high bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for good quality.