On this week's Videoguys Live Webinar is all about affordable live streaming solutions. We'll be covering encoders to stream straight from your camera, multi camera streaming, and more!
There are three important things to know what encoders do:
- Streaming from your camera to a CDN will require a video encoder
- Stream using WiFi or cellular bonding
- Send your camera feed to one or multiple CDN's
The Epiphan AV.io Video Grabber is great for transferring video to a computer or production system. Thus it's perfect for video conferencing.
The AV.io is available in 3 versions:
Matrox Monarch Encoders are small, easy-to-use video streaming and recording appliance designed for professional video producers who need to simultaneously stream a live event and record a master-quality version for post-event editing.
Next is the LiveU Solo letting people broadcast from anywhere! This premium video encoder can use cellular bonding to allow streaming without a wifi connection. The LiveU Solo is available in 2 models
Here's how it's done!
- Purchase a LiveU Solo
- Add a Starter pack (2 modem or 3 modem)
- Add a data plan! Use the coupon "solo-videoguys" to get a 5% discount on the data service from LiveU!
- Stream with HEVC or H.264 compression
- Supports up to two high performance 3G / 4G / LTE Teradek Node modems
- 3G-SDI and HDMI inputs | USB-C power
- Streams to any online video platform, including Facebook, YouTube, Periscope, and more
Multi-Camera Production Systems
It's easier now than ever to stream to Facebook, YouTube, or any CDN with multiple cameras. These can mix cameras, audio, graphics, PiPs and more! Add a unique style and look to your streams!
The YoloLive YoloBox is a brand new item on the Videoguys roster! Recently, Gary did a full webinar showing tutorials and details about the great product! Check it out right here! You can bring in 2 HDMI inputs, 1 USB input, Line in audio, and more!
SlingStudio is also available! Combine this with a CameraLink to wirelessly connect any HDMI camera to the SlingStudio! Gary hosted a great webinar on the reasons Videoguys loves the SlingStudio! Check it out right here!
Roland has many products to help switch live streams.
The VR-1HD is extremely popular right now!
- A complete plug and play broadcast studio
- Professional transition options for your multi camera setup
- Built in scene switching to instantly jump between presets
Wirecast Software is another great solution. These are Mac & Windows compatible and can serve as a switcher & encoder all in one! This is a great software for those on a budget, and looking to mix multiple sources!
First available are fantastic digital pan tilt zoom cameras called EPTZ! These simulate pan, tilt and zoom operations inside of a large resolution pixel space. This allows for one camera to act as multiple cameras as well, providing a larger image, as well as the cropped regions of interest as a separate feed. The software interface also allows camera control without camera operates, eliminating the need for volunteered or a paid crew.
Available models are:
Atomos is the premiere option to get monitor recorders for video production and live streaming. These monitors are a great way to see what you are putting out on your stream and record a backup version of the stream as well.
- Atomos Shinobi Monitor
- Atomos Ninja V Monitor / Recorder
- Atomos Shogun 7 Monitor / Recorder/ Switcher
SSD Storage Solutions
Gary did a great webinar on mobile SSD solutions for anyone! Check it out right here! These are great for storing and archiving your live streams is an important part of building your live streaming brand, and allows you to save your footage onto a portable drive that is study enough to be taken anywhere in a backpack.
However, Videoguys suggests these options!